Monday, September 10, 2007

It is Monday, isn't it?

Okay, we are recording the podcast audio, the recording for Laura Ingraham for tomorrow morning is working, the audio delay is operational and I think we are just about ready for air. Actually, as I type this, we are in our top of the hour newsbreak prior to the start of the show. I haven't tried blogging while the show was in progress, so this will take a skill or three that I may not have, we will see.

First, some changes to my pages, good and bad. A couple of new adds to the friends list, by all means go check out their pages, trust me, they are most likely better than mine. Second, I figured out the RSS feed thing for the fantasy football league, as a result, I replaced the NFL feed from Sportsline.com with my fantasy football junk. Anyone looking for stuff about yours truly in any of the feeds, the team name is Argonauts so my stuff will come up either under that name or under the title of Commissioner in the case of the message board, which is one of the things that will update in the RSS feed. Third and not so good, for whatever reason my page is screwing up again, once again going back to a post that is years old regarding Darfur and calling it my most recent. Mind you, once you click on my blog, the blogs come up in order, which means for those of you looking to read that particular post, you will have to go a ways back to actually find it. This dates back to a time when my account may have been hacked around a year or so ago. Because I use yahoo way too much (360, calendar, address book, fantasy sports, launchcast) I harassed the hell out of the yahoo people to get my account restored to its former glory. This came with some problems, being that I lost my original profile page on yahoo, only people signed into yahoo get to read my entire blog (the rest get cut off at the blog that is currently reading as my last post), so for those of you signed in congrats, for those not, you can't read this anyway, so I could insult you and you would never know it.

I do have fantasy football updates, where I lead in both of my games this week, but with two Monday night games tonight, victory is far from assured. In both leagues both myself and my opponent have guys yet to play but things at least have some hope as I type this, where as my fantasy baseball team is plummeting back down to earth, falling into 7th place, though I still lead in stolen bases and strikeouts.

We get to add another .22 to the change meter, the tote board now reads $28.85. If this were the Jerry Lewis telethon, I would now implore the audience to send in contributions with some video package about how last year Timmy got new crutches, but since I don't take donations for the change meter (that would mean I didn't find it, therefore it wouldn't count), the tear filled sympathy video package can be saved for some other rainy day.

Joe Random got demoted, back to AAA baseball for my PS2 baseball player. Not that I did bad in the majors, I was hitting around .359 with a couple of homers and 7 RBIs in 18 games and 39 total at bats. The bad part of being demoted is that on the current AAA roster, the team is stocked with 1st baseman (my primary position) and infielders (my secondary position), so for my first couple of games back I have been stuck in centerfield until I get one at bat, then a defensive replacement comes in for me. I don't mind, I haven't committed an error all season, and I don't want one simply because I have been played out of position. The AAA team did qualify for the AAA playoffs, so I will get to sneak some post season at bats in, even if I don't get recalled to the major leagues. Due to a technical glitch in the game, I got to add to my career achievements, ones that I didn't necessarily deserve, but will take anyway. For those that remember back to the beginning of season #3 of Joe Random's career, you will recall I started this year at the AA level for some reason. Mind you, I was only there for 10 days before the computer realized it's mistake and moved me back up to the AAA level, but when it did, it gave me the combined numbers of my previous two years in AAA as my current season stats, which meant at the end of the season for year three (stats for the year stop at the beginning of the playoffs), so it gave me credit for leading the league in literally every offensive category (save for stolen bases) which hopefully will be a good first step to starting season #4 in the major leagues rather than AAA ball again.

Well, I managed to type my way through the first hour of the radio show, I should start paying attention to my job now. I have three doubles this week, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, thankfully it means I will be off entirely on Saturday, so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Too bad today is just the beginning of that tunnel. Blech!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been