Thursday, September 27, 2007

Comments on Comments

Whilst I upload some audio for the blog bage, I figured I would do my second ever "Comments on Comments" blog. The first was met with rousing indifference, but then I did it largely because Angelique had went through the effort of trying to catch up on everything she missed on this page. The result was somewhere in the ballpark of 23 consecutive comments before she finally finished. I was left with the option of going back to each blog and commenting or just doing all of the comments in one blog. I opted for the latter and thus the first "Comment on Comments" was born. This time I am not going quite as far back, only ten comments so those of you who opted to not comment on the page, your loss.

Blog Comments

miss …

Blog Entry: Look it up

yea, im harsh, but maybe something needs to be said about those "kids". I mean, yea, its a sammich shop, but isn't this their "practice-for-the-real-world" job? (as opposed to the fact that its your "part-time-i-like-an-extra-check" job).

Since the management obviously values your opinon, maybe a few words from you about their unprofessional behavior - just vague mind you, nothing specific - might make your shifts less like the babysitter i assume you felt like.

Yea, beer is fine, hard stuff isnt.

And i agree with you about the lack of responsibility. I went thru that with my part time shelter job......my boss wanted me to live on-site and i couldnt tell her no fast enuff.

And hello, if that stupid radio comment woman REALLY wanted to express her view that badly, she should have a)called back as anonymous and b) used a different name. duh, dumb shit.

yay lo mein!

Thursday September 27, 2007 - 10:26am (EDT)

I doubt this is a practice for the real world job, I think Donny is in school for film making, and I get that most everyone I work with is going to be a college kid that is just trying to make some drinking and/or rent money. I don't even mind the drinking, you want to drop some vodka in a bottle of OJ and you can handle it, fine go ahead. We aren't exactly reinventing the wheel, we are making sandwiches. That being said, my threshhold gets crossed when you make my job harder by doing it. Ashley following me around asking what she should do next as opposed to actually doing something is quite annoying and counter productive, especially since she has more experience there than I do, having worked there last school year. That being said, I have no desire to rat them out, the fewer headaches I have at my part time job, the happier I usually am. It is also why I have no desire to manage, the fewer headaches, especially with nights like Saturday, the better.

If someone wants to be on the radio bad enough, I would suggest simply having some patience. At the end of the day, it isn't their show, it isn't even the Matt Pritt Show (oh how the world will rue the day should that ever happen), it's the Lynn Cullen Show, and she will get to the callers in an order she deems appropriate for the pace of the show.

howle…

Blog Entry: Look it up

good beer friday.....mmmmm.......gooood!!!!1

Thursday September 27, 2007 - 09:29am (EDT)

Rich, Good Beer Friday might have been one of the few good things we had working at Larry and Carol's. We should indirectly thank Mike for the inspiration, it was his purchasing of that horrid case of Iron City (I still have a can of it in my fridge to remind me to never buy bad beer) that led to making sure future beer wouldn't taste like Mon Water.

Empress

Blog Entry: Look it up

Feel better now? I hope so. You sure said a lot. About the co-workers, that made me laugh actually. I assume Donny and Askley are young. This behavior sound early twenties...ahh so much to learn still for them.

The 360 rumor. I never believe anything unless I research it. People are idiots and sheep and will be led wherever anyone says. Soooo while I did create a Mash site, I won't give up my 360. FWIW, the amount of spam has damn near doubled since I started my mash site. ALL from the children of the deposed kings in Africa. Yea, never got those before.

And about the Imus thing. I could give a shit. He said something I hear all the time. One of my girlfriends refers to her boss as a nappy headed ho on a regular basis. It really, was the least offenseive thing I've heard in a long time. If I was one of those women I would have laugehd it off. I mean, seriously...has anyone seen Don Imus's hair? And ho has been so overused its benign.

Hope you enjoyed lo mein, I love it myself...mmmm...maybe I should have some for lunch.

Thursday September 27, 2007 - 09:03am (EDT)

I actually do feel better, the weekend wasn't a complete loss, I did get to do Doug's show Friday evening (I am posting the audio of it later tonight) and an invite for this Friday's show as well. I just have a low tolerance for stupidity and it seemed to be coming at me in droves there for a while.

As for research, I get not everybody does it, it is part of what I do with the radio show, if something comes up, I go find it. When I first started producing a talk show, back when I was working with Jerry Bowyer, he always had a saying "Whenever possible, go to the original source material". I think he came up with that policy from home schooling 7 kids, but I try to apply it whenever I can. In this case, if it was something about Yahoo, I would like to get a comment from someone with Yahoo that can either confirm or deny it, and not rely Joe who heard it from Barb who got a mass email from a friend who worked on her car last week.

Wednesday is always a great lo mein day in Pittsburgh for me. I always get the combo lo mein and I can go one of two places, I can go to a Chinese restaurant downtown that has it as the special on Wed., with a side of steamed rice, an egg roll and a drink for like 5.50, or I can go to a little hole in the wall place here in Oakland that gives larger portions of the stuff a little cheaper, but without the sides.

Jean

Blog Entry: Don't open before breakfast

lmao well hell that is too funny and i wish i had seen it so i would have understood what she was saying.

Tuesday September 25, 2007 - 04:21pm (EDT)

A secret, ever since I saw the video the first time, no matter how many times I view it, I crack up. As soon as she spews, I just can't help but laugh, and not just for the visual of the projectile vomiting, but the microphones in the studio are so good that you hear it splash on the floor. It shouldn't but that added nuance just kills me. Greg, who produces Doug's show in the afternoon, and I have taken to greeting each other now, not by saying hello, but by going "Blaaaaaa".

miss …

Blog Entry: Don't open before breakfast

I saw this yeserday. hilarious. especially when she tells everyone on the planet WHY shes sick. I mean, its like a douche commercial. We all know it exsists, I just dont wanna know about it, okay?

Tuesday September 25, 2007 - 09:47am (EDT)

I did not know why she was sick, thankfully that is in a foreign tongue that I do not speak, but after this post I had to find out and I am wishing I hadn't.

Clair T

Blog Entry: Proving my points

Amen on the Squirrel Cage, good munchies, good beer, 'nough said!

Wednesday September 19, 2007 - 12:46am (EDT)

I don't go here nearly enough. I really should make it back more often, but schedule and finances do not always permit such luxuries. That being said, it was very much like seeing an old friend after many years, as opposed to an old girlfriend, since most of mine decide to park themselves at the Old Country Buffet after we broke up. It is one thing to take comfort in food, quite another to take comfort in seconds and thirds and fourths and fifths.

Empress

Blog Entry: Proving my points

My favorite part of this blog...'After going through the normal things a single guys does while online, check email, check messages, look for naked women' That made me nearly spit coffee across the monitor. Glad you got to enjoy a day off sans work.

Sunday September 16, 2007 - 09:11am (EDT)

Don't tell anyone, but sometimes even I think I am funny. I am not Wil Wheaton funny (his blogs on his old Star Trek episodes are priceless) but I would like to think I have my moments, at least when I am not ranting about something or other.

Empress

Blog Entry: Good morning

That's really a beautiful picture!

Thursday September 6, 2007 - 12:28pm (EDT)

More stolen goodies from the internet, which is good, because by the looks of the photo, it was taken from somewhere around the West End Overlook during day break, which means I would have been late for work. 5am comes much too soon for the likes of me.

Empress

Blog Entry: The draft

I know nothing about fantasy football. Figured I'd read so maybe I'd learn something. Mostly, I think I am jealous you can buy a large cheeze pizza for under 5 bucks. Wow.

Tuesday September 4, 2007 - 09:30am (EDT)

Hopefully I addressed this well enough by posting the actual rules on the blog page. As for the pizza, Antoons offers a large pie for 4.90, a place right next to them does a large for $5 even, and Fox's Pizza Den has a Mon/Tues carry out one topping for 6.99 and an everyday 2 topping and a 2 liter for 10.99, so I have plenty of specials to choose from. Usually it is just a matter of where I am which place I will go, as I usually pick the place that is closest to the location I am at when the thought of pizza goes dancing through my head, followed shortly thereafter by that old pre movie commercial where the snacks sing "Let's all go to the lobby......"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been