Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thanks and your newest Asshat

Greetings and welcome back to the page. Been a couple of days since I have been here. Well, that's not true, I have been here, just haven't had time to blog, which I knew would be the case given the schedule I have for myself this week.

Thankfully I only worked one job yesterday. That meant I had the opportunity to sleep in my own bed last night, always a plus. I think I slept for too many hours, as I fell asleep around 7pm and slept until 4am this morning. It was nice to just close the eyes and relax for a couple of hours as the week has been busy to say the least.

The radio show went fairly well on Tuesday. Kudos to Jon who listened on the web from across the pond, Clair who listened from home and called in (he will be hosting on Monday, be sure to check that out) and to Leslie who has listened to the podcasts. the podcasts will remain available on the station's web page (www.1360wptt.com) for about a week so if you are bored and need something to do this weekend, there is always that. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I would also like to thank David DeAngelo for coming in for the last hour and change. David runs 2 Political Junkies, a political blog page that can be found easiest by just googling it. It is a good insider baseball page, especially for those who follow local politics though it deals with the national as well. Lots of insider baseball stuff so to speak.

Some of you may be asking who was the Asshat last week. No I didn't forget, just haven't had the time to type. Even now I am doing this in the last hour between when I run the board and start producing Lynn's show at 9am (which is something that is always worth checking out and every now and again I can be heard on that show as well). Yet in this window I am trying to cram as much info into a a blog post as I possibly can. Therefore, last week's Asshat winner is Circuit City. For those of you not in the know, Circuit City is an electronics/appliance chain here in the states. It seems that CC has taken to firing 3000 of their employees. this would make some sense if they were downsizing, or reorganizing in a fewer number of stores, but in fact they are not. The 3000 jobs will in fact remain in CC stores, it just seems that their employees got too good at what they were doing. As a result, they received the appropriate raises in wages that come with getting better at their job. Now CC has decided that those employees make to much money, so they are firing them and replacing those people with cheaper ones that have less experience. That, kids, is what you get for doing a good job at CC, a termination notice. It should be noted that while CC was firing people and leading them out of their stores for making too much money, they did tell their now former employees that they were free to apply for one of the new openings the stores had, at reduced wages. Yes, that my friend is indeed Asshat worthy.

Well, I gotta scoot, work indeed beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been