Sunday, April 1, 2007

Wrestlemania and other stuff

So, this is how the week from hell will begin. I have to pull overnights at the radio station this week, which I didn't think would be so bad because with the way the part time job has been scheduling me, I have had time in the schedule. I had been getting in the ball park of 16-20 hrs a week, which is fine since I have been working 50+ hours at the radio station. That being said, I knew with overnights this week, I would see my hours at the station increase this week, so naturally this would be the week that the part time job would tack more ours onto my schedule, jacking me up to 33hrs this week. Life indeed sucks on this end.

I suppose I should start this entry like I have started so many previous entries, with updates, updates and more updates.

I am out of the basketball poll at work after UCLA's loss last night. I had Ohio State in the first game, but I had UCLA winning the tournament and given the games are weighted, the later rounds worth more, my season is done with the loss. Mind you, I will take my prizes for being in first after two weeks and be happy with it, after all, it didn't cost me anything. Considering I have been blowing through the free stuff this week, I will take more goodies wherever I can get them. I gave away another of the movie passes I won, I still have one left but given all of the time I don't seem to have, chances of me making it to the movies seem to be remote at best. I did blow off the Applebee's certificate that I won however, which meant I didn't have to cook, instead I got to much on chicken alfredo, way yummy and no clean up for me.

Fantasy hockey is going so so. I lost my first round matchup, which isn't good as I cannot be league champion. I am in the consolation game, where if I get third place at least I can add to my yahoo trophy case. The last round of the playoffs is two weeks long however, so I trudge on in that matchup. After the first week, I had a small lead, just 5-4-1 but it is a lead nonetheless. Certainly nothing to hang my hat on, but eh, a start is a start I guess.

The baseball team gets it's season underway this evening and already I am playing from behind. One of my starting pitchers was sent down to AAA, Matt Garza, which came as a surprise to me because he had pitched well this spring and was part of the Twins starting rotation last year. As a result, I had to move him to the bench and start Edwin Jackson in his place, a move that I am not enamored with. My first base curse continues this year also. Last year I drafted Casey Kotchman only to have him miss the entire season with a bad reaction to a case of mono he had, this year I drafted Dan Johnson and you guessed it, he is hurt. Gone for at least three months. I was able to shift some guys around but hopefully a free agent will step up that I can make a run at. Still it would help to actually have a roster intact to start a season.

I finally finished my spring training games for my Joe Random character. He did indeed get a contract from the Devil Rays, though it was a minor league contract with their AAA affiliate. That is what happens when you hit .200 in spring training I guess, now I have to work my way to the major league club or hope someone gets hurt, no wait that is what happens on my fantasy team, not the Playstation game.

Before I forget, it is official, I am hosting the radio show on Tuesday. I have no idea what the hell I will talk about but it is a done deal nonetheless. By all means, tune in to hear me make an ass out of myself. It should make for a great time. I know right now that I have one guest booked, and I have ideas for a few others, but they are in just the ruminating stage of my brain as of now.

I finally spent my Monopoly winnings from McDonald's this past week as well. I had 50 digital prints to get rid of, so I took some of the pics I had downloaded and sent 25 of them to me and sent 25 to my mom. I didn't send the same ones both places mind you, mine I just used this year's Christmas photos, for my mom I sent an assortment of pics from my collection. They actually got here pretty quickly, I ordered them on Wednesday and had mine Friday morning, which I don't think is all that shabby given it was for free.

And lest we forget on the update front, we have another .27 to add to the change meter. That means our brand new total is $13.40. Retirement, I can indeed here you calling.

By the way, since I am here and since you are probably not watching Wrestlemania (a big thumbs up if you are), as I get updates here I will post them.

Starting with - Money in the Bank Ladder Match (winner gets the right to challenge for the title whenever he wants, thus cashing in the Money in the Bank) - winner - His name is Mr. Kennedy.

Before someone gets all stupid on me and says "You know that's fake don't you?" Of course, I enjoy the storytelling involved, when it is done well anyway. I will be the first to admit I couldn't care who gets their head shaved, whether it be Donald Trump or Vince McMahon simply because it takes away from the wrestlers in the ring putting on a performance. I realize some of them are bad actors, but you don't want your managers or your valets overshining the talent. Slapping the Trump and McMahon names on this match means it could be just about anyone in the ring, their personalities are bigger than the wrestlers.

2nd match Kane vs The Great Khali - winner - The Great Khali. No special title for this since it was just a match, no titles or anything on the line.

It is storming outside so I went ahead and saved what I had typed to this point. I see flashes of lightning every now and again through the drapes, but I continue to type. I would say that it is this dedication that keeps everyone coming back here, but I know better, you just come here for the tea and crumpets.

Sorry, took some time off to play a game of baseball on the PS2. I am sneaking games in now because with my schedule this week I am sure I will get very little time until next week to get more playing time in. Just as an update, after 6 games in AAA ball, Joe Random is batting a robust .300 with a home run, 3 runs scored and 3 RBI. I feel a call up to the big league club in my future.

I did some cleaning this evening, not nearly enough and started doing dishes as well. I don't know why I am bothering for all of the time I will spend in this place this week. I can see plenty of naps on the loveseat at the radio station in the near future. More time will be spent there this week than here. I still have to do a load or two of laundry, but I am pacing myself. I fried a couple of chicken breasts for dinner, and fired up some pierogis for good measure. Not what all of you would eat, but tasty for me. Especially when you add hot garlic sauce to the chicken breasts, then muy bueno indeed.

I should do some more wrestling updates here.

Chris Benoit retains the US title win a win over MVP.

Undertaker over Batista for the World Heavyweight Title. As a side note, this keep Undertaker undefeated at Wrestlemania, but I think you might have known that and if you didn't then shame on you.

ECW Originals over The New Breed in a match that is on the card just to show that ECW still exists.

I am way behind on my emails as well. I am supposed to send some emails out for future guests, and I have some personal emails to take care of, but I am busy doing nothingness like this, and as a result, that isn't getting done.

Not to speak of my greatness, but some of you will remember an Asshat I brought up a while back, Chris Simon, of the New York Islanders who was suspended for the remainder of the season for a hatchet job he did with his stick, all the while the Islanders were scrambling to get a playoff spot. Well, when I typed that the Islanders were the #7 seed (out of 8 playoff teams). Now with about 5 games in the season remaining, the Islanders are in 11th place. Not that Simon is the only reason they have fallen on hard times, but his stupidity can't be overlooked.

Wow, we have come this far and said so little. It is a tribute to my ability to ramble and double spacing after paragraphs. All hail the double space, king of the blog.

Lashley over Umanga so Vince got his head shaved. I guess I am supposed to care about that match but I don't.

Melina over Ashley to retain the Women's Title. I only slightly care about this match more than the last, though of all of the Diva, none of them compare in the tit department to that fat ass Umanga whose man boobs are easily bigger than any of the females in attendance.

And lastly, John Cena defeats Shawn Michaels to retain the WWE Title.

See how helpful I have been, now if you will excuse me, life beckons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been