Sunday, May 8, 2016

B365V3.18 - Bus bash

So an interesting thing happened on Saturday night when I was coming home from work, my bus was attacked.  Yes, you are reading that right and no I am not making things up here, my bus was indeed attacked.

It would seem after my brief foray into Mellon Square after work, where I stopped to play some MPQ by stealing Starbuck's wifi (they have to be good for something because their coffee sucks), I walked over to my bus stop and caught the first 61 ish  bus back for Oakland.  No problems there, I think I waited all if 5 minutes for my bus, but the next stop proved to be a little more interesting.  The bus driver slows down as if to see if anyone at that stop wanted the bus (and really who doesn't want a bus with me on it, cue up "On The Bus" by The Replacements kids) and no one at the stop makes a move like they are going to get on the bus so she drives right through.  After passing the stop two guys get up like this is the bus they were waiting for and start to walk in the direction of the front of the bus.  Rarely will PAT bus drivers stop at places that are not stops, so she didn't stop even as these two gentlemen were approaching the front of the bus.  The traffic light turns green, the bus rolls forward about half a block until the next traffic light when one of the guys runs out into the middle of traffic right in front of the bus, nearly getting himself killed in the process.

At work I call the game where people run out into traffic "Crackhead Frogger", but rarely am I in a vehicle that is partaking in the game. Now the guy is out n front of the bus, flailing his arms wildly because the bus didn't stop for him, the bus driver refuses to open the doors in the middle of traffic and the test of wills is on.  The guy blinks first, moving out of the middle of traffic to the side of the bus, where he takes his backpack and throws it against the side of the bus.  Still no blinking from the bus driver, she of the one of iron will.  Now the guy is really pissed, he goes over to the sidewalk and runs out through a lane of traffic to get a running start at kicking the side of the bus.  Had this been Mortal Combat it would have been a good finishing move, given it is real life though all he did was bounce of the side of the bus.  Now there are maybe three guys on the bus that want to go outside and get into a physical altercation with this guy, me I am a lover, not a fighter and there was no one on the bus I wanted to mate with, so I stayed in my seat, recording this moment in my mind for posterity.

The bus driver did not open the door for any of the passengers to go out and commence with the ass kicking either.  Her iron will on keeping that door closed would have made her a great Russian prison guard in a Steven Segal movie.  About 5 minutes later the bus is back in Oakland, where thankfully the doors did open at my stop and I was allowed to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been