Friday, May 6, 2016

B365V3.17 - Date night

This is what I had planned on being what I would call a date night.  Of course when you are single a date night just means you are going to take yourself out.  Still I had a plan going into today, go to work, bang out my stuff relatively quickly and then head out for a movie night since tonight was the first night for the new Captain America movie.  If I got things done fast enough, I should have time to grab dinner first, and hey, if it is a good dinner and a movie night, maybe I can take myself home afterward.  Hubba, hubba.

That plan got shot somewhat to shit pretty early.  I get into work only to find out the person opening the deli called off.  I am at a point where I am ready to fire the entire fucking crew and start from scratch.  The second person to come in decided to try a pull a stunt by bringing her kids to work with her, as if we are running a fucking day care as opposed to a convenience store.  So now out of the two people I have scheduled to work in our deli today I have exactly zero.

Shift change comes at 3 o'clock, except the person who is scheduled to come in at three doesn't show up, he is still home sleeping at 3 o'clock in the afternoon.  Again, I want to fire everyone and start from scratch.  Till he shows up and I get to the Waterfront to see the movie it is 6pm, my ticket is for 7pm (I preordered) but I don't have confidence that any place serving decent food can get me in and out in an hour, so I just go grab a coffee and sit for a bit at Starbucks, the dinner portion of the evening is blown.

The movie was pretty good, one of the better ones in the Marvel movie pantheon, but it was somewhat tempered by a jackass sitting two rows behind me who had to add his commentary to everything on the screen.  By this point in my day I was tempted to just turn around and throat punch him.

That dinner I was so looking forward to ended up being cold pizza and a Primanti's sandwich and now I am ready for bed.  Let's hope I don't kill any employees in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a bad day. I hope your next date night is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day was no worse than my typing usually is, just went back and fixed like 5 mistakes. I should proofread more often.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been