Tuesday, January 19, 2016

B365V3.3 - Stymied

     So I have been slowly working toward this vacation thing I so desperately need at this point, I have saved up all of the necessary vacation time to pay for the trip, which for those not i the know will hopefully be to Vancouver, BC.  Why Vancouver you ask?  How the fuck should I know, I just know it has always been oe of those places I wanted to visit before I die.  It would be like trying to explain why I like a certain food or movie, I just do in my ow limited mental capacity.

     Thing was, I had been looking at a trip to Canada since way back during the crazy Canadian days, enough so that I had done the preliminary research on what was needed to make such a trip post 9/11, which includes the paperwork and id stuff needed to get a passport.  back in those glorious days I had asked my mom for my birth certificate and other paperwork, which she provided me as a Christmas present (or so I thought at the time, more on that in a moment) during one of the last celebrated Christmases before her stroke and subsequent memory loss.  In retrospect it is a trip I am glad I didn't take, because given the number of times the crazy Canadian lied to me, I would have shown up at her place only to find she was a crazy Canadian cat lady  with a husband who answers the door asking what all of this is aboot anyway, while thousands of cats hung from the screen door.  Breathe a sigh of relief for dodging that bullet right there.

     But I still had the paperwork secured away in my apartment and once I realized I had saved enough paid vacation time to pay for my trip, I set the ball in motion to get my still needed passport.  I went to Kinkos and had them do the photos for it, I went online and filled out the application and printed it up, I located the proper ID in my wallet (which was problematic because when I got my ID renewed the state of PA issued a bunch of defective ones, I was fortunate enough to get a defective one and have the state send me a corrected one, I had both still in my wallet) , grabbed the informatio my mom gave me for Christmas and made my way to the City County building court records office with the needed moneies ($110 for the passport, $25 for them to process the paperwork) where I got to sit ad wait. And wait.  And wait.  Apparently passports are slow government work, it was like postal speed all over again.

     Finally my name gets called ad I make my way into the office, all proud of myself and how prepared I am.  I pull out the application which is fine, I pull out the birth certificate my mom gave me, except it was a birth certificate at all, but rather just a hospital record certificate ad if I at a birth certificate I need to go to Vital Records in another building blocks away, send in another $20 and wait while more people move at postal speed to get my shit right.  When I finally get this shit squared I am going to spend more time on it than the actual vacation itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been