Sunday, January 10, 2016

B365V3.2 - Liar, Liar, apartment's on fire

So, did I mention how this is going to be my year?  Well the mojo keeps flowing as it were, I went into work on Saturday as I am prone to do,also to make more paper for vacation, and the hing about Saturday's is while I do not have a set schedule to be there, no in or out time, those days tend to be my most productive of the week.  Our accountant comes in Monday morning, so I break down all of the invoices to be processed, I go back into the deli and make chicken salad,tuna salad and egg salad for the coming week, and I do the Sledd order for Monday and the GFS order for Tuesday, plus I will do little odds and ends around the store, like pull more stuff from the basement to be put on the floor, or as was the case this past Saturday, fix all of the snuff pricing since there was a price increase across the board on all snuff products.  So again, while I do not have a scheduled time on Saturday, he'll if I did my orders Friday and my deli work I could have the whole weekend off.  But that would make for an extremely long Friday.

Anyway, through the course of my shift I will step outside and have a cigarette, usually at one of those between points, as in between projects.  Some times I will even buy a couple of scratch off tickets and take them outside with me, just to break up the monotony.  That too was the case on Saturday, I had extra money in my wallet from my $500 winner on Friday, and buy a couple of $10 tickets to scratch while I smoked my cigarette.  They were both losers, so later on I go and have another cigarette and buy two more of the same, figuring if one hits it will be for the minimum amount ($10 on a $10 ticket), cut my losses and call it a day, except one did hit for $50, so now I am up $10.  I should have walked away at that point, but rare is the time I do what I should do and often is the time I do shit just to entertain myself.

So I decide to by a $20 ticket instead, loser.  Now I am thinking, fuck, I was going to spend 40 bucks originally, so I buy a second $20 ticket, it hits for the minimum ($20).  I could stop here, be down ten and happy that I entertained myself, but why would I do that.  Instead I buy 2 $10 tickets with it ( different $10 game though), one a loser, one hits for $10.  Technically I am now down $20, but I figure what the fuck and buy 2 $5 tickets with the ten, one ticket hits for $10, so I am still down $20.  Then I see the Pittsburgh Steeler game is about to start, and I say fuck it, put the $10 back in and buy 2 $5 Steeler tickets.  The tickets have nothing to do with the game about to be played, in my warped logic the timing just seemed right, there is a game on tv and there is a ticket in the machine.  So I buy two and the Sr. One one hits for $100.  That is a roundabout way of saying I made $80 at work by not doing work.

Today however is Sunday, and I need to get out of mi casa, so I am making a trip to Waterworks Mall.  I found a a Barnes and Noble gift card in my wallet last night, it still has $7.01 on it, and I decided to spend it today.  Plus they have a $5 an under store and last time I was there I saw some things that I would call relative bargains. Trust me, I am sure you would disagree with my assessment, but then I put groceries on my Christmas list every year so.......

Typing is a good way to kill the time on the bus ride too, almost as good as reading, which I really need to start doing more of. My brain feels like it is turning to mush.

You may be thinking, come on Matt, you can't be that dumb.  Any more that might be a challenge.  It seem s the other day I went to CVS and was pawing through the Christmas stuff, which was 75% off and I saw they had these really think scented Christmas candles.  I figure I will get one, it can't anymore than help with the fart smells I regularly produce at home.  One of the advantages of being single, farting whenever you want.  So I get home and make myself comfortable on my floor, laptop in front of me, iPad to my left and I set the candle up besides the laptop.  I take the top off the candle and find a empty can of fruit cocktail which fits the can almost perfectly, I wonder if they would make more money by selling them together as a package deal, lol.  Anyway I am laying on my floor, I fire up the laptop and start watching "Powers" on Crackle, it is one of those shows that moves incredibly slowly at first, but picks up by the last episode of the first season, so it isn't for the non patient types.  I pull a comforter onto the floor and climb under it, I light ye olde candle and set about watching my show.  At some point I dozed off (told you it was slow moving) when I snap back awake my candle is on fire, I forgot to unwrap it from its plastic before lighting it and now it is on fire.  So I grab the first thing my sleep addled mind can think of to put out the flames, I use my comforter to beat the flames out, except I am now catching the comforter on fire as well and given its proximity to the unfolding events, I am now burning my iPad cover as well.  I managed to get my fire under control and put out before professionals needed to be called to the scene, but this is more proof that I can be a fucking idiot at times.

Having lunch at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries right now.  It isn't bad but 11 bucks for a cheeseburger and regular fry?  And I get my burger wrapped in aluminum foil and my food in a brown bag?  Fuck, McDonalds does a better job on packaging and presenting than that.  The burger is good, but nothing to write home about, especially with gourmet burger places popping up everywhere ( Burgatory, BRGR, Stackd to name three locals), why shouldn't I spend my money where they actually use plates and things.  Sorry but free peanuts are not enough of a draw for me.

Okay, I made it back home after my shopping excursion, I bought me two t shirts, a pair of pants, a pack of styluses for the iPad (scientific plural would be styli), a book and some speakers for the computer that I use at work, so I don't have to suffer the mind numbing droning of Fox News all day.  I got Sammy a Scooby Doo T shirt since he collects Scooby Doo things, got a desk calendar and rubber bands for the office, Nd I got a couple of things for Kat and Rocko.  Trying to put something Easter related for them, but no one has Easter shit out yet.  Bastards need to get on my schedule already since this is my year after all.  Now just lounging around watching women's volleyball, European Olympic qualifying no less.  All I know is that it isn't that hard on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been