Friday, January 8, 2016

B365V3.1 - My time

So, rumor has it it is 2016. I am hoping this year is far better than the way I closed out the last one, getting called into work on Christmas night, Getting invited to diner by the parental units only to find they don't have any money and I end up pitching in on a diner I was invited too. It got worse though, as Kat had suggested we go to diner. Perhaps it was because I got her son and her some Christmas presents. What can I say, I am a sucker for a pretty face, plus she used to be one of our employees and I know she is a single mom trying to get by and what not. In any event, she said we should go out to dinner some time. I was cool with the idea, I even picked a date we agreed on, Dec 30th, a Wednesday. Her so was going to be staying with his dad that day, so the scheduling thing was going to work out. I hopped on OpenTable and got us a reservation for NOLA on the Square, a New Orleans themed restaurant I downtown Pittsburgh, Neither of us had ever been there, so that was cool. Hell I had never made a dinner reservation before, so it was virgin territory across the board for me. Kat referred to my behavior as “adultimg” which seems about right, I went into it with the mentality of what do grow ups do (I never view myself mentally as a grown up in case you were wondering).

The day before our diner I get a message from Kat, she is starting a new job Wednesday night and can we reschedule for Thursday. I said there is no way I am getting a reservation that late for New Years Eve anywhere, though I did check OpenTable just to be sure. So if we are going to have dinner it has been put on hiatus for the time being. Of course with how everything went over Christmas, the cancellation just futhered the funk I was already in. It was a shitty end to a shitty year to be honest, even though I know deep down her getting a job is a good thing overall.

Thankfully 2015 is in the rearview mirror now though, 2016 is off to a good start. I got a free gift I the mail the other day, a smart phone movie projector. Apparently you plug your phone into it and it blows up video footage on a wall or something. Me being the last of the cell phone hold outs does not have a smart phone (I guess I have a dumb phone in that regard) I just have a old school flip phone good for calls and texts and not much else. I also picked up another $3 Amazon gift card from Swagbucks. No they didn't decrease the amount of the cards (I used to get $5 cards), they simply have a cheaper option ad given how little I use Swagbucks these days, cheaper is definitely better. Then today at work I bought a couple of $5 scratch off tickets, the first one was a loser, the second one hit for $500. And rather than go blow it on alcohol, I did the adulting thing again and came home from work and ate my leftovers and spent very little of it. I have been putting a refocus on my vacation the last couple of weeks, my boss owes me like $1300 in paid days at work, which should be enough to pay for my trip, $500 is definitely going to help square away my passport for said trip. If 2016 is going to be a good year then it is going to be all about me. An actual vacation would be a good way to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been