Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Shave and a haircut

     Just got back from the live broadcast of WWE Raw ere in Pittsburgh tonight.  Wasn't on my agenda when I first started the day, but through a little bit of luck and just being at the right place (work) at the right time, I ended up with tickets to the show.  What happened was that our owner, Brian, had requested tickets for the next WWE event in Pittsburgh from 7 Up.  7 Up has the beverage rights to Consol Energy Center, so they are also afforded a box in the building, and they will sometimes use the seats in their box as a perk for their more favored accounts.  Brian was scheduled to get four of those tickets for tonight's show, he was going to take his kids, not realizing that when he first requested them that the show would end up being on a school night, making taking children a less than advisable proposition, since by the time the show ended and he had driven home it would be after midnight.  Son instead he decided not to take his kids, leaving us at the store with four free seats to tonight's show.  I had never actually been to a live wrestling show, so I wanted to go and I knew that Sammy was asking about the show for weeks now, so he and I used two of the four tickets and just had a fun night out, a night which I probably needed more than I would care to admit.

     I have been spending too much time recently rethinking everything that has taken place in the last two years between Ruth and I, mentally going over everything and trying to discern just what was truthful and what was a lie.  The more I think about everything though, the more I end up falling back on Occam's razor, the idea that the simplest explanation for things is usually the correct one.  The simplest explanation for most everything that happened is that most everything was a lie.  Take for instance the most recent events involving her and Dean.  If she would be believed based on what she told me, she was no longer in touch with him after a fight we had about him in February, but that would mean I would have to buy an entire litany of excuses for why she opened a private photo account for him in April, added him to her Facebook account in May, had his contact information on her iPhone when she came to visit in June and the fact he has visited this blog recently, not from links from Google in the UK where he is from, but from links for Google in Canada which is her home country.  So I could believe the numerous excuses she used to explain all of that, or just the simplest explanation, despite her saying otherwise, what was taking lace between them never really stopped at all, no matter what she told me to the contrary.

     But then I start to work mentally backwards, all the way back to almost the very beginning and her marriage and subsequent divorce.  To hear her tell the story, her husband was a hockey player, he was drafted by an NHL team, and apparently he was abusive towards her and after years of abuse she finally got a divorce, but only after an altercation between those two that resulted in him ending up in jail because a weapon was involved.  Sounds interesting enough, there is an Alan Graves who was drafted by the Los Angeles Kings, but he played only in the minor leagues in the WHL and the IHL for teams that were thousands of miles away from her hometown of Halifax, so if things were that bad at home, there would have been ample opportunity to leave because half of the year he would have been at least half a country away.  Plus there is no reference in any media outlet of this encounter, and if there is one thing I have learned living in a city with three professional sports franchises as well as plenty of collegiate teams, any time an athlete of any reknown is involved in an altercation, it will at least make the local papers.  There is also the fact that while her ex husband was allegedly in jail, he was also listed on her son's hockey team website as a coach as recently as two years ago.  Add to that the fact that during one of our audio chats a boy entered the room and she told this boy to go with his father, and while she was here on her first visit I received a strange phone call from a man saying that I was with his wife, and well I could either once again buy the litany of excuses that I was handed or apply Occam's razor again and just chalk most of those up as lies.

     But what to make of all of the lies then, why tell them, what is the purpose?  Well I could be wrong but the simplest explanation I can come up with is  she is someone who just loves attention, especially when that attention has a sexual component to it.  When she doesn't get the attention she either needs or thinks she deserves one of two things occurs, she either manufactures a drama of some sort in her head in hopes that it will create the attention she desires, or she seeks out someone else who will perform for her in a masturabatory manner.  (Did I just make up a word?)  I would think that her husband's lack of attention in that department (especially if he was away for months at a time) sent her on the web looking for replacements, and what better way than to come up with a sob story to prospective online suitors, and when he got wind of what was taking place in his absence that was probably the end of their marriage as much as anything. 

     Not that this explanation makes me feel good, it makes me feel stupid for falling for it actually.  I shouldn't have been so gullible that I shut off logic and common sense at the drop of a hat and bought the first (or second, or third) line that was being fed to me.  I should have walked away after the first lie, because one the behavior is established, there is little chance it would ever change.  Or at least I should have put a betting line out there, maybe an over/under on the number of lies in any given day and tried to make a few shekels off of it at least.  Sorry, I guess I violated the 9th Rule of Acquisition "Opportunity plus instinct equals profit".  I would have made a very bad Ferengi.

     Anyway, it is late, I need sleep, work comes in a couple of hours.  Toodles.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been