Friday, October 23, 2009

Fantasy MVP Week 6

Once again I find myself in a bit of a conundrum.  The fantasy team racked up another blowout, a 135-72 win that evened my season mark at 3-3.  With the win I now lead the league in points scored despite having lost 3 games.  The problem with scoring points in bunches s that it makes it harder to pick a weekly MVP.  This week was no exception.  A case could be made for a number of players on my team.  Matt Schaub had another outstanding week, throwing 4 touchdown passes.  Larry Fitzgerald had over 100 yards receiving and a touchdown.  The Green Bay defense pitched a shutout against the Detroit Lions, the second consecutive week my team defense accomplished that task (see last week's MVP, the Seattle defense).  If this were strictly based on points accrued for my team then it would be a coin flip between Schaub and the Green Bay defense, but when taking into account not just points for me but overall play then I am opting for Ray Rice as this week's MVP.  Rice ended Sunday with 10 rushes for 77 yards and two touchdowns and also caught 10 passes for another 117 yards. 

As has been the case in the past, time for the highlight package

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been