Friday, August 29, 2008

A quick curve update

Oct 16th of 2007 I wrote........(via the old 360 blog)

 

"And lastly on the internet front and the photo at the top of the blog entry is one Sarah Palin. I knew very little about her, but was intrigued when I saw her on Charlie Rose this past Friday. I didn't know exactly who she was, I just knew that she had this schoolmarm-ish hotness about her, so I was intrigued to learn some more. She is a Republican and the Governor of Alaska, but what is fascinating is that, in a age where Republicans as a whole are not doing well in the polls, she is very much the exception to the rule, having the highest approval rating of any governor in the United State, with the lowest approval number I have seen being 84% (with a 5% disapproval number). Mind you, I get that Alaska is very much a Republican state, but 84% is an impressive number for anyone, any where and at any time. After reading up on her (and oggling her photos more than I would like to admit), I can say that while I do not agree with all of her stands on issues per se, it is still refreshing to see someone in public service actually work for their constituents, rather than simply paying them lip service."

Well today she is the Republican nominee for Vice President.  Damn, are we ahead of the curve here again, or what?

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully I fixed the picture problem, I am also going to try to add a video of her and Governor Janet Napolitano on Charlie Rose last year, for those that are political geeks like me and want to watch this thread for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a really interesting debate this morning about her on meet the press. It was I guess you could call "hosted" by Tom Brokaw. It was very good points brought to the table by both sides on this woman. I still fail to see why they must debate everything in politics. But it was neat to watch. And yes, you did fix the picture problem so thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been