Friday, April 25, 2008

Pregame

I guess this is what they would call a pregame show. I haven't left for the baseball game yet, so there are no results to report or pics to add to the page, just little ole me rambling, as I sometimes do.

I am on a bit of a hot streak since I started playing my baseball game again. I have hit a homerun now in 4 straight games (5 in all) and my Joe Random character is now in first p[lace in the Rookie of the Year voting. I even have the Devil Rays back to .500 at 50-50 after 100 games played. With 62 games left in the year, they trail the Toronto Blue Jays by 10 games, but they are only 5 games back in the wild card chase. Mind you, some of my success has come in the fact I have been playing Seattle, which is one of the worst teams this particular season, but I also have been playing well against teams with winning records, so maybe I am getting the hang of the game after all.

I did crack the $35 barrier in the change meter. 15 more cents and the new total is $35.13. Woohoo!!!!!

I am getting happier by the day here, the weather has turned quite nice and the college students take their finals next week, which means soon I get peace and quiet in my neighborhood for a few months, and my part time job becomes much easier. Actually, I noticed something by washing dishes, Pittsburghers eat everything with cheese. I don't know how many times I scrape off melted shredded cheese off of plates in any given evening. I know, you probably think I am overstating the case, but imagine this, we have an item on the menu called Cardiac Sticks. What it is is provolone sticks, with hot sauce, bacon and melted cheese. Yes that is right, we served melted cheese on cheese. Even as I type this, I imagine somewhere in Pittsburgh there is a couple, getting ready to have one of those intimate moments , and as she unzips his pants and looks at his throbbing member she utters the simple words, "Can I get that with cheese on it?"

While I am on stupid thoughts of food, Monday morning while getting the radio show ready I realized something. I am anti-free range chicken. Think about it, it really is the only humane position to take for those of us that consume chicken. How cruel is it to take a chicken that is walking around all free and just scoop him up and execute him? At least if he is in a cage, you can break his morale knowing that the end will soon be coming, barring a last minute pardon from Colonel Sanders or something. We don't let death row inmates walk around freely and then just scoop them up one day and execute them, we should at least be as considerate of our chickens.

I will say that while the Asshat hasn't been determined yet, there are no shortage of potential nominees this week. It is almost like Lays Potato Chips, in that I might not be able to pick just one.

I saw the Pogo badges for this week. The Word Whomp was easy, I got it in about 3-4 games, and I hate Sudoku so it may be the first badge this year I pass on doing. Besides, I am liking the Gold Solitaire alot right now. It looks like it will take forever to go up in rank, but at least the winnings are good per game. I haven't even thought about a personal challenge, I will save that for Saturday when I have more free time.

By the way, thank you Jean for the Coke codes. Muchas gracias even. I don't know if anyone ever claimed the download I gave away in the blog a while back. I suppose I could check, but then if no one did, I would end up claiming it when I checked, so it is just better that I don't know and I assume someone did take it. As for the tag, I don't think there are 10 odd things about me, at least i don't consider myself all that odd, to me I am perfectly normal. Now if anyone wants to know specifics, within reason, I will answer questions. There are some things that are off limits, not many, but some. But for me to come up with just odd stuff, odd is subjective and to me I am just not that odd.

Well, I have to grab a bus schedule and my camera and the baseball tickets and make myself scarcer than a Mike Gravel supporter, so toodles.

2 comments:

  1. lol @ the last sentence about mike Gravel! hope you had fun at the game. I think that was the "fastest" i've ever read one of your blogs. not that i purposely sped through it. But for some odd reason it was over before i had a chance to really sit back and crack even the soda i grabbed. which is entirely too late to drink but ah well i'll enjoy it anyway. I am not sure what to say about your chicken comment free range or not chicken is chicken and i'll eat what's sold to me as long as its edible and within a reasonable price. I probably should be pickier. i get on these kicks of anti this and that and the other thing, but mostly as a bug dropped in my ear from one friend or the other but as i'm a slave to food and advertisement and free marketing ploys I dont last long in my boycotts on anything. This just makes me a person lacking severe self control or restraint or whatever it may be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, the weather here is fabulous now too! I love it and am feeling less suicidal ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been