Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting caught up, Asshat style

I have little time here, but enough that I can at least get the Asshat award up to date.  A quick reminder about the rules of the Asshat, the winner has to come from the previous 7 days, starting Monday and ending Sunday, so anything that happens after Sunday has to wait to the following week to actually qualify.  I believe I have stuck to this guideline, even while getting behind in posting the award winners, making sure I only grab one winner per week.  That being said, last I checked I was almost completely caught up, save for last week's winner, a distinction that has to be awarded posthumously to Willie Lee Thomas III.

I can't speak to how Willie Lee Thomas version 1.0 and 2.0 met their demise, but I can't think it would be in such a stupid fashion as version 3.0, whose claim to fame and reason for winning this week's award comes from the fact that he stole a U Haul truck.  Now stealing something isn't necessarily Asshat worthy in and of itself, it is just a crime, much like a number of other crimes out there.  What makes Willie Lee Thomas version 3.0 unique however is that in his attempt to flee from the police who were pursuing him during his criminal enterprise, he opted to leap from his stolen truck, and in an effort that wouldn't get him the bronze in even the Special Olympics, managed to transverse enough distance that he ran himself over with the very truck he leapt from.  Now that is Asshat worthy and that catches us up.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...that IS asshat worthy. Idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if we can only get more criminals to to that !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didnt know there were rules for who you picked for the awards! *shrug* Fine ....... *sigh* there go my next five suggestions....... *sigh/shrug* again... I did crack up laughing at the winner that you chose. while I was "working" today. that was just too funny .....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only rule per se is that the winner comes from the previous 7 days, starting Monday and ending Sunday, anyone can make a suggestion for an Asshat, but like the wrestling suggestion (on a previous blog), even if I take it, it can't be the Asshat till next week because the show aired on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been