Sunday, January 11, 2015

B365V2.3 - Half full or half empty

Just thought I would do a quick fantasy update here, I am almost a week behind on such things and need not fall even further behind than I already am.  I have decided that since I have all but given up on trying to figure out the scoring in the radio league I will no longer do any posts on it here.  I don't know what position I am in in that league, nor do I care.  I am not checking the roster, I am not setting any lineups, in short, I just don't give a shit.  It could be perceived as me being all whiny, which is fine, I don't give a shit about perceptions either.  Instead I am just going to focus on the league that I run, and just do updates about it.

I can't recall if I ever described how that league is set up, so now would be as good a time as any.  The league consists of twelve teams and each week each team plays one other team in the league.  Teams are scored on 11 categories, 7 player categories (goals, assists, +/-, penalty minutes, power play points, short handed points and game winning goals) and 4 goaltender categories (wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts).  Each category is a "game" in the head to head matchup, a team that leads in category at the end of a week gets a win in the standings, so while you play one person each week, in that matchup you play 11 games.  Obviously then, the best record a person could get in any week would be 11-0-0.  Each win counts as 2 points in the standings, ties count as 1 point and in the case of a tie in points the first tiebreaker is wins.   At the end of the regular season the top 6 teams advance to the playoffs, the two best teams getting a bye in the first round.  Playoff winners are determined only by the result of that week's matchup, regular season results do not figure into playoff results.

All of that being said, I guess it is time to recap just where we are.  After my last update my team was sitting in third place overall, with a pending matchup against the first place team in the league.  This is one of those good news/bad news things.  On the good side of the equation, I won the week, going 5-3-3 against the first place team and lifting my record to 65-41-26.  The bad side of the equation would be that the 4th place team had a better week than I did, so while I knocked off someone above me in the standings, I actually fell from 3rd place to 4th in the process.  Up next I have another matchup with someone ahead of me in the standings, this time it is the second place team.  This is where I am glad I have a bit of a cushion between myself and 7th place (26 points to be precise), even if I have a bad week here I am still safely inside of the top 6 spots.  A good week and who knows, maybe I can track down one of the top 2 teams (and a first round playoff bye) yet.  There is still plenty of time, the season isn't even half over yet.

Okay, I have bored you long enough.  Time to finish up, you are probably tired of reading this and me, I am just tired.  A nap sounds good, especially if I want to have breakfast at Pamela's in the morning and the special this weekend is a roast beef omelet, so I think I do want to do that.  Night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been