Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Neverending Thread 2012 Edition

Anyone who has been around the page for a little while knows what this is about, for those that don't the concept is relatively simple, every year I start a blog thread and in it I list all of the books I have read for that particular year.  Rather than do a blog for each book, I just add each new book to the comment thread below.  The books listed herein with not be reviewed by me, nor will they be recommended or panned by me, unless they are exceptionally good or bad.  Far better people than me write reviews, so I just provide a link to the book (usually Amazon) and you can read up on the book as much or as little as you like.

I tailed of a little bit toward the end of 2011, only because I had my attention somewhat diverted between 4 different books, all of them open but none of them completely read, I hope don't fall into that trap again this year.  I would rather finish off those four books, then either get new ones or read the two I got for Christmas (the new Stephen King does look interesting), but for now I can say at least one of the four that were open are now shut.  So the first entry for 2012 is   http://www.amazon.com/Tainted-Evidence-Robert-Daley/dp/0446600830/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326934660&sr=8-1

9 comments:

  1. I'd drive myself nuts if I was reading more then one at a time. I'm a read one and finish it then move on to the next type guy. If it's so bad I know it's not worth finishing I abandon and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I am a one book at a time person myself, but towards the end of last year I would start reading a book, then go out or online and see something else that looked interesting, so I would get it and start into it as well, next thing you know I have multiple books going at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally get a chance to add to this thread, only because I finished a book that I bought last year and actually made the effort to get through this lengthy, but oh so informative tome of a book. http://www.amazon.com/1493-Uncovering-World-Columbus-Created/dp/0307265722/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329864740&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another longish book, but it was worth the effort,. even if I had to request a new copy from the publisher because my copy was missing about 30 pages. http://www.amazon.com/11-22-63-A-Novel/dp/1451627289/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332707904&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, this list is really short this year, I need to do massive amounts of summer reading at this point. Anyway, Jen actually picked this book out for me and I just finished it off at breakfast this morning. http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1551097575/shelfari-20

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spent part of the day Sunday pokjing around my favorite used book store on the South Side, where I did grab a couple of new books. Of course one of them was a Robert Parker, which means I have already finished it. What can I say, I like the Spenser series....http://www.amazon.com/Sudden-Mischief-Spenser-Robert-Parker/dp/042516828X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338283750&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just finished this tonight at what is becoming my new favorite reading spot, a park bench in Schenley Park. Not the same as the old days and sitting at the fountain in front of Frick Fine Arts, but few things will top those memories. Anyway, this would mean I am out of books again, but Ed kicked me a couple books on the mob, so I guess I have more reading to do.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sherman-Soldiers-Lee-B-Kennett/dp/B006OI18YO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341967598&sr=8-1&keywords=sherman+a+soldier%27s+life

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been