Monday, March 29, 2010

March Madness - Round 4

If my bracket needed a final nail in the coffin this round provided it.  I had a chance to have three of the final four teams picked correctly but managed to get only one right.  Thus ends any hope I had of a respectable bracket this year.  Thank god I didn't do this for money.

Round 4 (4 games)

Record 1-3

Overall 40-20

Worst round selection - I am going with Baylor here, not because they lost, after all they were the three seed in their region and they were playing the number one seed in Duke, but the manner in which they lost, where they all but fell apart the last 5 minutes of the contest.  With 3:50 to go Baylor had a 1 point lead, 61-60 but would not get another basket until 47 seconds remained and by then Duke had an 8 point lead, 72-64.  It was an epic collapse for a team that had a chance to pull off the upset.

Best round selection - Has to be West Virginia, which is the only team I have left.

Going forward - I can only win one more game, that is if West Virginia knocks off Duke in the next round.  Other than that, the rest of my bracket is nothing but losers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been