Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Not that you were wondering or anything but.....

A brief note to the newer people that are visiting the page, one of my quirks is that I collect soda caps.  Not just any soda cap mind you, but those that are specifically involved in an online contest at the time.  Right now that is Pepsi, Coke and I believe Dr Pepper is still doing something.  Some of them are just sweepstakes entries, and why someone wouldn't submit those themselves is beyond me (but I did win three free bottles of soda from the RC Cola people nonetheless), other are points that can be redeemed for future prizes.  Some of those prizes I give away within this blog, others I keep for myself, after all, I am doing the hard work.  By hard work I mean that any cap that I see when I am out and about I snag.  No, most of the caps I have submitted have not been from my own purchases.  As much as I like Pepsi, there is no way I could have drank as much as would be needed to get some of the ill gotten booty that I have received.  Instead they come from places like the break room at work, bottles lying along the road and codes submitted by readers of this here blog.

Since some of the codes come from blog readers, when I redeem them for music, I tend to share.   That is, I upload the music to my Imeem page and then bring over the playlist to this page.  This morning is one of those days.  Some of you will have heard the some of the music before, the list has made an appearance more than once on this page, others will recognize the fact I used some of these songs as bumper music on Lynn's radio show.  That being said, the list has grown again, with an additional 7 songs, the playlist now sits at 41 songs (a $41 dollar value)  for which I have not spent a single solitary cent.  Sometimes the best things in life are free, other times they just sound like this.

 

 

Coke Rewards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been