Friday, October 3, 2008

At some point this weekend..........

I am going to do a Karaoke Friday blog entry, just right now I can't as the pot for the computer audio and the Bloomberg satellite feed are one and the same on my production board here at work, which means I can only listen to one or the other and since one is on the air.....

I plan on doing a real live blog entry, full of content and everything.  Lots to talk about from WalMart torture chambers to 250th birthdays.

If I can get my work done at the station on Sunday in relative short order, which is not a short order task I might add, the glog will make a dreaded reappearance Sunday night for Steelers Jaguars (and what is up with the Steelers getting three prime time games the first 5 weeks anyway (2 Sunday night, 1 Monday night)).

 

This is none of these however, rather it is just a farking Friday.

Health Department shuts down salon that featured tiny carp that would eat the dead skin off people's feet. "You can clean files and other equipment, but there is just no way to sanitize live fish."

Nicorette? The Patch? Those are for pussies. Real men quit smoking by being beaten with broomsticks and motorcycle helmets

47-year-old Math teacher pretends to be a 16-year-old boy and has sex with a 15-year-old girl. Girl was suspicious because he drove a minivan and they only did it once

New Jersey police officer and girlfriend arrested for molesting 3 young girls, 4 cows

20% of teachers in Britain want a return to the cane to keep order in the classroom, restore meat eating/having pudding ratio

Today's WTF: Packets of mackerel replacing cigarettes as prison currency. Slip me a fish

When robbing a Sonic, putting underwear on your head is a great disguise (w/photo goodness)

Massachusetts town moves Halloween to November 1

Politician punches out interviewer on live TV. No, not that one. Not that one either

In a desperate move to save lives, CT town warns high school students about the dangers of squirt guns. Wait, what?

 

4 comments:

  1. while i can understand the health dept. being concerned about food ,i cant see what is wrong with fish nibbling dead skin off of my feet....if anything i would be worried about the health of the fish as opposed to mine !
    this is actually done in nature all the time ( chimps eating bugs from each other and sharks being groomed by pilot fish).
    dare i say it.... but i might actually find this relaxing....kinda like letting your pet cat groom (lick) your face !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of carp in pedicures is quite common in asia, I have a couple of friends who regularly get this done in phuket or taiwan, they visit there 3 or 4 times a year & they just rave about it.
    I'm not surprised that the Health authorities closed this operation down. They have very strict procedures for leeches & maggots, I can't see why they would treat this any differently.

    I've been thinking of giving up smoking, but I think I'll pass on being beaten thanks!

    There is no way anyone in their right mind would mistake that teacher as a 16 year old *shakes head*

    Those town officials in Oxford really need to get on with their job & leave parenting issues to parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well someone on my friend's list, who shall remain nameless, was thinking of doing the pedicure and fish thing, which is why it stuck out to me when I saw the story this morning. I don't know where I would come down on it, I can see both sides, personally I wouldn't have fish eat my feet, but then again, it would probably be worse for them than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't stand having my feet touched so just the thought of it makes my skin crawl.....lol

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been