Sunday, June 10, 2007

Weekend Update

Saturday
I will admit, I have no idea where this blog is going, only know where it has been, that being on my desktop while I typed whatever crossed my cranium at any given time.
I would like to say I have had my meeting at the radio station, but that would be a lie. Alan has been in Oklahoma for the last week, looking after our stations there, so I haven't had that sit down with him yet. I have to stick my head into his office on Monday to see what he wants me to do about Lynn's upcoming vacation this month, but that doesn't mean we will be talking about anything else, as a matter of conjecture, I imagine we will talk about nothing else.
The part time job hunt has taken a disastrous turn of sorts. Technically, I apparently have a job with Target, but technically and actually working are two different things. I went through three interviews with them (yes three different interviews) and did the drug test and was to report for orientation on Monday. Well, I show up and just as the gather the class of new recruits to start our training, they tell me that my drug test results haven't arrived yet so I can't continue, so back home I went. I called again on Wednesday to see if the results have arrived and they did and I did pass, but now they don't know when I am going to start. Just a royal pain in the ass if you ask me. Needless to say, I went ahead and did the online application for Fed Ex in my down time and I also just applied to Wal Mart on Friday since I had some free time. After all, I have no idea when or if Target will call me back at this point and sitting on my ass isn't making me any money.
I haven't done a Joe Random update in a while, mostly because I hadn't been playing all that much. I did break the game back out though, only to find Joe Random has split into an amoeba. Really what happened was more along these lines. I had played a few games and they have an interaction option where you can ask to be called up, complain about your playing time, moan to the media, etc. Well, I used the complain to the coach option and they cut him from the team, so I simulated the rest of the season and during the next off season 4 different teams were offering me contracts. I took one but saved the game under a different name so that I could play either one. The second option has me starting again in AAA but with the Pittsburgh Pirates to start my second season. Since I wasn't sure that was what I wanted to do, I have been playing primarily with the first file before I mouthed off to the manager. All had been going well there until today, when my guy pulled a leg muscle so I was left with one of two options, either accept a stint on the disabled list or play through the injury, but as long as I was injured I couldn't gain any attribute points. I opted for the DL, which will leave my guy out two to three weeks. Shame too, because I had been playing well. So far I have had a brief call up to the major league team, where I played in two games and went 5 for 7 with a double and a run scored, but the majority of my playing time has been at the AAA level, where I am putting up some pretty good numbers, a .402 batting average with 18 HRs, 20 doubles an even 4 triples while scoring 46 runs and driving in 53 in 64 games.
I actually woke up this morning to watch the French Open Women's Final. That is unusual for me, not the watching tennis part, I can sit through a match, but that I would get up for TV at 9am on a Saturday. Mind you, it wasn't much of a match, Justine Henin won in straight sets 6-1, 6-2. It was competitive for about a game or so, as Ana Ivanovic actually won the first game, breaking Henin's serve and was up 30 - love in the second and then we got to watch her fall apart on TV. It was probably nerves, but she went to serve and the ball toss was off and after that she just seemed to lose all composure, hitting balls long, consistently missing on her first serves. It was train wreck TV and I quickly turned it off as Henin won 6 straight games to win the first set and looked like she wouldn't have to play well, just keep the ball in play long enough for Ivanovic to screw up again and she played her part to unwitting perfection. The only plus was that Ivanovic had this Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) thing going on that was kinda hot. Then again, attractive women with big brains are a big turn on, much more so than the airhead set.
In case you hadn't guess, I am still digging on the imeem toy. Recently I have been taking music I found there and adding it to a playlist, stuff I like that you will hate. But really, where else are you going to get some of the obscure music I listen to but on my webpage. I may let the imeem music list pop up on the page from time to time, as I add more stuff to it, and as the current list fades off into entry oblivion along with hundreds of other posts of mine.
Speaking of obscure things I like, since nothing is ever on TV, I have taken to watching more and more of WBGN, which is a low power, non affiliated TV station in Pittsburgh. They carry mostly paid advertisements (though thankfully not Klee Irwin, who I will get back to), but they do have some shows from my youth that I still somewhat like, like Family Ties and Hawaii Five O. They used to run a show called The Best of Carson, which was a recap of highlights of Johnny Carson on The Tonight Show, which was still better than Leno is today. Anyway, they have taken to running very old horror movies on Saturday night, much like Chiller Theater when I was a kid, complete with character actors during little intermission periods that perform in bad acting skits. It is pure camp, which is why I like it so much and the movies just do not hold up as far as the test of time. As I type now there is some black and white horror flick on involving entering an Aztec tomb. They keep the movies on their webpage, so you too can see how bad this stuff really is. It is www.theitsaliveshow.com and is certainly worth a look if you love bad cinema from God knows when.
I will say, the one good thing about having Saturday off while seeking a part time job is I get to lay around in my underwear as long as I want to. It is the epitome of laziness and I don't mind at all. Though I will admit that I did apply for another job today while sitting in front of the computer doing pretty much nothing, and I started doing some work for the radio station tomorrow by pulling a couple of podcasts off of the webpage so I can put new ones up in their place.
I have been playing pyramids on yahoo recently, but no good scores to show for it. I consider a good game any game where I get over 100,000 and I haven't had one of those in a while. It is almost enough to frustrate a person, but there are far bigger things to be frustrated by these days than a simple card game. Like my electricity going out time and again last night. I know we had a few storms come through the area, but it must have went off and on half a dozen times. I am ready to go to the hamster and the wheel as a backup generator at this point, knowing my luck though, once the power went out, I go to the hamster's cage to find I didn't feed him and he was lying dead in there. Face it, a hamster probably wouldn't eat the same things I do, today it was chili dogs for lunch and fried chicken for dinner, neither of which would pass the FDA recommended allowances for what a hamster should have every day.
Just found out the movie that is on The It's Alive Show. The title is "The Robot versus the Aztec Mummy". Told you this was way bad cinema. Just sorry I didn't tune in sooner. Spoiler alert - the mummy kicks the robot's ass, just in case you were wondering.
Think I will pick this up tomorrow, nite for now kids.
Sunday
I would like to say this day has been good, but that would be the ultimate in lies, so I won't go there. It all started when I first got out of bed. Getting up shouldn't be too much of a problem, yet today it was as I stumbled about the apartment looking for my glasses, which I couldn't find. Luckily I have a backup pair, so I went to the backups for the time being. Next was the finding of the bus pass, the object that lets me ride the bus for free, well not free the pass costs $60 a month, but at least I don't have to pay per ride, except I couldn't find that either, so I ended up scrambling for change for the bus. They only take exact change, so if you overpay, you do not get change back. Already my day is a big 0 for 2. It would get worse don't worry.
I get to work, and figure I will do my commercial feeds and some other production work and have a nice relaxing day in the comfort of the studio, except someone took it upon themselves to lock the mail room at work and guess where three of the commercial feeds are that I need to record for Monday? If you guessed my mailbox, you get a gold star. As a result, I could only tape one of the 4 feeds I needed, which leaves me a boatload of work tomorrow, work that I would have rather gotten out of the way. The only plus seemed to be that this free time left me the option of going to the Three Rivers Arts Festival downtown. the festival usually runs about three weeks, but I usually only stop by for a day or two, yet here it is, me with free time and my camera in my bag, so I figure I can go snap some pics while the weather is nice and take in the festivities.
Most of the pics are on the webpage, feel free to gander at them, I won't go into too many details about any particular photo. Suffice it to say, the pics didn't come without problems as well. As I am strolling through I stop by a booth, mind you I didn't go in, I just stood outside and was taking in the patrons reactions to the work, which was nice I must admit. I figure I can get a good crowd shot and sure enough I fire off a picture. Then the owner of the artwork comes over and tells me he doesn't allow photos. Mind you I didn't have the camera focus in on any particular thing he created, but nonetheless, he says no one can take pictures of his artwork. Fine, I say I will delete it. Then he says, well you can take a picture if you include me in it. Mind you, if he had said that first, I would have been way cool with it, I might even had gotten him to pose near something that I found particularly creative and mentioned in and his website in my blog (provided he has one), but after chastising me for taking a picture of nothing in particular to begin with, the best I can say is "thanks, but I'll just delete the pic". Instead I went about my merry way and just took some other pictures, including some geese that were on the river, which I don't get to see every day.
I managed to make my way back home and shortly after I got in the door I found the very bus pass I had been needing all day, just $4.50 after I needed it. I think I should ask for some good karma for my birthday, speaking of which, there is only 8 shopping days left, so you better get cracking.
At least the weather was nice this weekend, but you know your life is in a bit of a rut when the only positive thing you can say is about the weather. I don't know, just seems like I have been stuck in a rut of sorts and can't get out of it. I even tried calling Target again on Saturday after I mentioned them earlier in this entry, figuring maybe they did have a start date for me and I just may have missed the call or something. No such luck, they told me to call back on Monday and I will have to admit, I am getting pretty damned tired of jumping through hoops for this bunch of assclowns and I haven't even worked a day there yet. So far it has been three interviews, a drug test, an orientation I was sent home from, two phone calls that I had to place because they have shown no initiative to call me and I am no closer to earning a paycheck than if I never walked in the door. It's enough to piss someone like me off, and I am getting closer and closer to telling them to take their offer and cram it up their ass. I have enough stupid people in my life without Target trying to vastly increase the quantity of them.
Well, that little rant was somewhat cleansing, I should swear more often and just get it all out of my system.
I haven't thought of this week's asshat yet. I could go Paris Hilton, but isn't that like picking low hanging fruit at this point? To be honest, I am all but sick of hearing about her, I sure as the hell don't want to devote an entire blog to her. 'Paris Goes to Jail", "Paris Says Her Cell Is Cold", "Paris Cries In Jail", "Paris Is Let Out", "Paris Ordered Back To Court", "Paris Cries Leaving Courthouse", "Paris Back In Jail" all of these headlines over this nonentity leave me but one thing to say to those that are wasting our time with this stuff "Shut the fuck up!!!!!!".
I did get a little more reading done this weekend, not as much as I would have liked, but at least the weekend wasn't completely thrown away on nothingness. Truth be told, the book I am reading isn't bad, just a little dry. I have no problem reading it when I am trying to pass time, like on the bus but when I am sitting around like now and I can think of other things I could be doing rather than reading, the book just doesn't have that kind of pull to it where I feel I have to be reading it.
Speaking of things I have to be doing, I have to go buy some smokes and then go to bed, so that is exactly what I am going to do. Nite everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been