Tuesday, March 13, 2007

To quote Aldo Nova "Life is just a fantasy"

We start with the change meter, a mere dime gets added to the total, so we sit at $12.89 as of this typing. Not that I expected lots of cash, but one always hopes they do better than a dime.

I can say officially that we will be having Drew Curtis on the radio show on Friday. He is scheduled for the 10am hour (probably around 10:10am or so). For those of you who are still unfamiliar with Drew's work, get with the Farking program ( www.fark.com) . Hopefully we will get his book in the mail before the interview, "It's Not News, It's Fark".

The Penguins got their new arena. Must say I am geeked, being the hockey fan I am and all. The notion that we will get more years of Crosby, Malkin, Stahl, Fluery et al. instead of hoping to catch them once in a while on TV as they play in freaking Kansas City is indeed a positive one as far as I am concerned.

Speaking of hockey, a bad final week for me, I went 2-7-1 in fantasy hockey, but like I said last week, I had at least the two seed already wrapped up, so I get to take this week off and get back to the grind starting next Monday. Until then, I get to watch the other teams beat up on each other this week.

Not that that is all that I have on the fantasy gaming front. The NCAA men's basketball tournament starts this weekend, and like last year we have an office pool that the station put together for free for those of us that work there. Like last year, they will be giving away prizes to the leaders after each weekend. last year, I managed to snag the prize for leading after the second weekend, mostly due to the fact that I had LSU in the Final Four. My prize was $75 and another %75 dollars in trade from people that do advertising with us. Amazingly I just cashed out the trade today. I took 4 movie passes to the South Side Cinema (a $34 dollar value), a $25 gift certificate to Applebees and $15 in gift certificates to The Italian Bread Place. I gave Lynn a couple of the movie passes, the rest I haven't had time to do anything with yet. I waited so long to cash the stuff out simply because we didn't have anything I wanted and the email reminding me of the tournament for this year jarred my cranium to see what we had now, and from there I went ahead and picked up today's goodies.

I also have the fantasy baseball draft on Sunday. Like last year, I will be taking part in the AL only draft and it is looking like we will have 11 teams in this year. The rules for last year are the same this year, and auction draft, which means it will take most of the afternoon. Just hope I can stay awake for it since I will be working most of the night.

lastly, we have our Asshat of the Week. For those of you that follow hockey, you know that the race for the final couple of playoff spots in the Eastern Conference is definitely heating up. The playoffs take the top 8 teams and places 7 through 11 are separated by a mere 4 pts in the standings. Currently occupying the 7th spot is the NY Islanders, though because of this week's Asshat, their playoff spot is far from assured. I will admit, I have no problems with fighting in the NHL. There is a certain code that if you take a cheap shot at a team's star player, you can bet later in the game, some gloves will be dropped and fisticuffs will ensue, with the combatants squaring off. Usually not much will come of it, save for some penalty minutes being issued, though as you saw in a previous entry, sometimes a lucky shot does get into the mix and the fight has a definitive winner. That being said, there is nothing cheap about it, both guys know what is coming and while squaring off, they don't use weapons and both know what is coming. That can't be said for the Islanders Chris Simon, who after taking a clean check (the sport is physical after all), decides to retaliate in a fashion that is uncalled for. The result is that Simon will serve a 25 game suspension (the rest of this year and all of the playoffs, or if the Islanders miss the playoffs, the remainder of the suspension will be served next season). If the Islanders miss the playoffs, this may be part of the reason why. But whether they do or do not make the playoffs, the fact is Simon is still our Asshat. Here with all of your video goodness...........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been