Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Richard Jeni

There are lots of things I could blog about this evening, but it is getting close to bedtime (even I have a bedtime of sorts), and the other stuff can keep. Suffice it to say, those looking for updates, there is an Asshat in the offing (already determined), we do have a change meter update, and I finished the year second overall in hockey, which means I will have a first round bye in the playoffs so I get the week off from that sport.

I have never mentioned it in this blog, partially because it never crossed my mind and partially because I was never asked, but I can say that probably the funniest standup performance I ever saw was many years ago, when Richard Jeni did his "Platypus Man" special on HBO. It was such a hit with my friends and I that even now, should we run into each other, it is entirely possible that we will just start shooting off lines from the routine. That being said, finding out that Richard passed away this weekend from was is called an apparent self inflicted gunshot wound, let's just say that it kicks off the week on a downer. That being said, I did manage to steal some video, not from Platypus Man however, I wish it were, but instead from his most recent HBO special, A Steaming Pile of Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been