Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Weather or not to blog

Relax kids, I am still alive here, though through no fault of my own. I realize that I haven't been around to everyone's blogs recently, I am hoping to accomplish that feat tomorrow evening, but so far this week I have logged three doubles between the two jobs, so I just haven't had the time to sit down and hammer out comments as only I can. I have read most of them, just haven't had the time to comment on the content.

A quick change meter update, we picked up all of 2 cents last week, hardly a crowning achievement in Change Meter fame, but the new total is $11.78.

The hockey team was much better. Now that everyone is back and healthy, I pulled off a nice 8-1-1 week to go to 101-66-23 for the year and take over second place in the standings. Of course I was playing the 12th place team (there are only 12 in the league) so if ever I was going to pick up some ground, last week was the week. This week, I am playing the 11th place team, I think the scheduling gods must really love me or something, but with only a handful of weeks left in the year, I am still a good 29 points back in the standings (254-225) from tying first place.The only plus on the schedule from that perspective is that the last week of the year I go head to head with the first place team, but the most points anyone can get in a week is 20, so I still have some work cut out for me before that matchup takes place. For the record, I have played the first place team twice so far this year, and have went 9-9-2 against him in those games. I did lose a goaltender this week, the injury bug hasn't completely left me, as Olaf Kolzig hurt himself in practice, so I went and picked up Marty Biron on a whim to replace him.

The weather here sucks. It went from below zero wind chills to the mess that was yesterday where is started with about 5 inches of snow, then it started to rain. The problem with that is that because of the snow the ground temp was colder than the air, so the rain froze to the ground, thus blanketing everything in ice and today we got more snow on top of that and now the temperature is dipping again as they are once more calling for below zero wind chills. On the plus side, it looks kind of Christmassy, on the minus side, that would be two months too late.

I volunteered to come into my part time job yesterday, the weather was so bad they expected people to not be able to make it and me, well, I am like the postal service, I just deliver. Then again, the postal service still screws up my delivery, so scratch that comparison.

I notched a new high score in Super Bounce Out the other day, I have been playing it to kill time here and there. It is relatively easy and not too time consuming, unless you are an idiot like me and play it to where your score is over 600,000, then it takes a few minutes.

Not much to report on the Joe Random front. I have only played four spring training games so far, he has only started in two of them and only has a single to show for his efforts (when he sucks they are his efforts, when he does well, they are mine), so his batting average is at a less than robust .200. Not sure when I will get to play again, between these doubles, and getting ready for next Friday's TV gig, I am pressed for time. I have my shirt and tie picked out for TV, but I still need to find some time to get my hair cut, though I have no idea when I can do that. I just know that it is way too long, and I am losing the battle of plucking grey hairs out, they are just too many and too persistent. Maybe now I won't get carded when I buy cigarettes.

Oh well, gotta scoot, still have work to be done and I need another smoke, or as I put it in my lingo "One stick closer to cancer". I am a fatalist that way, just as I will say around the office "Every day is a day closer to my last day". It is poignant observations like that that keeps the kids running back for more. Just as you will the next time I blog. Don't try to deny it, we have it on tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been