Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Asshattery run amok

Viewing my comments from a couple of blogs back, I was given a suggestion for next week's Asshat winner, and a good one at that. Mind you, this week it looks to be in military parlance, a target rich environment, for the next winner, but the comment got me thinking, and I think I would like to take suggestions on the winner. Not saying your suggestion will be the winner any given week, that is an arbitrary process determined by the blog host (me) save for when I open it up to voting (and given we only had 4 votes last time, that will probably be the exception and not the rule). Still, I can't be everywhere at once, so there will be weeks where I miss a more deserving candidate, so feel free to drop suggestions on the page at your leisure. The only rules are that the Asshat week begins on Monday and ends on Saturday, so the news story had to break sometime during that span.

This week looks to be particularly hard because we have the astronaut story of course, plus stories such as a truck falling through the floor of the Pittsburgh Convention Center one week before they were to host the Pittsburgh Auto Show, the 267 page indictment against State Senator Vince Fumo which reads like a bad crime novel for all of the charges filed against him, Rush Limbaugh who apparently didn't watch the Super Bowl, because he claims the criticism leveled against Bears QB Rex Grossman is because Rex is white, as well as a slew of other options that I haven't the time to write here. Still, my ideas aren't always the best ones, so feel free to submit your own as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been