Friday, March 26, 2021

Where I like the taste of ass

 So, back in my Smithfield  News days, I was in charge of the ordering.  As well as dealing with beverage vendors, I was responsible for ordering groceries.  We had plenty of shelf space and we also had a few coolers where some grab and go, and heat and eat items could be kept.  There was a line of microwaveable sandwiches called Big Az.  I never though much of them save for their packaging, which I guess the company was in the process of changing as on them was the phrase “New look, same Big Az taste”.


 Not sure who they hired for marketing, but  saying your food has ass taste doesn’t strike me as good for business.  But what do I know, I am here and they are getting thousands of dollars to promote ass taste.


So, here I am today again working in a convenience store (albeit as an employee as opposed to manager) and one of the complaints about working overnights is there is no place to go to dinner when I get off of work.  This fascination with places serving breakfast all day ignores that some of us work nights.  I don’t want more coffee in the am or pancakes or waffles.  How about some meatloaf, or a burger and fries?  Spaghetti and meatballs?  Fact is when I get off work, I want dinner, not breakfast and nobody is stepping in to fill the void with all day dinner.


So I took to poking around the paltry offerings we have at work to determine my dinner.  A number of times it ended up being ramen noodles or cup o noodles or hard boiled eggs (which I make egg salad sandwiches with).  Not ideal, but when has my diet ever been ideal?  So I am poking around work the other day, looking for post work nourishment, and I found Big Az burgers, both cheeseburger and jalapeño burger.  Plus it is in the new packaging so the Az taste promotion has been removed.  So I took one home the other day, microwaved it for just one minute (it was refrigerated, not frozen), added some condiments and lo and behold, I can officially say I like ass taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been