Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Tim Hortons

As any self respecting person may know (which does not include Starbucks people, over priced coffee that tastes burnt), the standard order at Tim Horton's is a "double double", meaning two creams, two sugars.  I have come to calling my Friday, Saturday portion of my weekly schedule my Tim Horton's portion of the week, since I double between both jobs both days (aka my double, double).  Not that my schedules are set in stone, but they are at least reliably consistent.  Occasionally i may only work one of the two jobs on either of those days, chances are most likely i will work both though.  Or i will work one and catch a double on Wednesday also, so most weeks i have at least two doubles, usually three.  So i get my schedule at the one job Saturday night, it looks like the previous week, Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, which means i will have my three doubles again, as well as a Timmy (double, double) on the weekend.  So i emerge from my overnight slumber today, thinking i still have like 7 hours or so to make something to eat before going to work my overnight shift Tuesday night.

As luck would have it, at 4 pm the other job calls and asks if I know I am working tonight, which I in fact did not know.  I was off when I checked the schedule on Saturday, but I made a mistake.  Mind you i have been there 11 months, and my attendance has been pretty reliable (late twice, called off once), so it isn't like I mind working.  But over the course of those 11 months i have been in the same position every shift.  It is monotonous to be sure, but makes it easy when checking the schedule or so I thought.  Turns out the switched my position for the first time, which is why i missed it on the schedule and why this week I have two Timmy's, Tuesday-Wednesday and Friday-Saturday.  I would complain but vacation is less than two months away and I am already starting to book things when i get there.  So until vacation passes, Timmy me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been