Friday, December 1, 2017

B 365 V4.19 - The winds of change this way blow

     So, since I have been slacking in the blogging department, it is about time I bang out one of these here things, don't you think?

     There have been a couple of changes of note, which I will get out of the way rather quickly.  First, the employment  status has once again been changed to hired albeit in two different places.  One I am working at the gas station/convenience store up the street from where I live (mostly mornings) and at Uncle Sam's in Squirrel Hill evenings.  It isn't the most enjoyable set up and honestly after doing radio for 12 years and then managing a store for the better part of 8 years, it feels like I am taking a step back.  But pride doesn't pay the bills, so I am better off sucking it up until I can come up with a better plan.  Not that the whole fiasco with my mom's funeral didn't leave me tapped to begin with, but I can't afford to sit around and just hope something glamorous knocks on my door.

     Speaking of work, for those familiar with the page you might have noticed something different, the background photo has been changed.  Since the old one was taken at my former place of employment and I want nothing to do with those fuckers whatsoever, the photo came down and was replaced with another of my photogenic masterpieces.  I know, you care, right?  Yes, I can be petty at times, and yes I do hold grudges, so sue me.

     Also, among those changes I am going to announce a change in the change meter policy.  For those not in the know and stopping by here right about this time, the change meter is as old as the blog itself, the general rule was any time I found money on the ground or something, I would keep a running tally of said monies.  The change meter expanded when I started finding things of which I could place a monetary value on.  No, I didn't go all American Pickers and start picking up shit to be resold some place else for a profit, but say I find a gift card on the ground, I can call the 800 number on the back, find out how much is left on it and add that to the total.   New rule, since I am getting tipped out at my one new job (Uncle Sam's) in what I would consider an non tippable job (I mean fuck, I am making sandwiches, right?) I didn't earn that money, it isn't figured into my wages, so I am adding those tips as found money as well.  Now for the updating part, last time I did a change meter update was early in 2017, and the total was $676.69.  Well now we are finally going about the business of changing that total, considerably adding all things considered, to bring us to a new total of $823.30.

     Since my last post regarding fantasy football, which was my last non hockey video post, my fortunes have changed  quite a bit.  Currently in first place in one league with a 9-3 record and in second in the other with an 8-4 mark.  What can I say, when you aren't working you have time to focus on stupid shit. 

    Speaking on stupid shit, the war on Christmas has come to my blog.  Seems that every year we are treated to the same nonsense from red meat Christians about how offended they are because someone said Happy Holidays  to them or designed a fucking coffee cup not to their specifications, so allow me to bring the actual war on Christmas home to them.  You do realize that your holiday is just a glorified rape fantasy don't you.  Your so called God, impregnated a married woman (violating one of your "Rules of Ten" about adultery) without her consent.  I don't know about anyone else but a much older man (presumably, since it takes a man and a woman to make a baby and God has been around since forever) impregnating a much younger woman without consent falls somewhere along the Roy Moore meter of tastelessness.  Worse yet, after impregnating her, he left her to have his kid in a barn someplace, too fucking lazy to even provide a box of diapers and even higher on the irresponsible scale, to be raised by another man.  Talk about absentee fatherhood, at least my dad cut a check every couple of weeks.  I am sure he didn't like it, but he at least did that.  By the way, Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been