Sunday, April 2, 2017

B365V4.8 - Losing my religion

     So, I guess it has been a while hasn't it?  Not that things haven't been happening on this end of things, quite the opposite actually, but time and an overwhelming desire to  put blogging about what is actually happening on the back burner has led to me only posting hockey recaps for the most part.  Worse still, for some reason the site I get the NHL video recaps from (NHL.com) seems to be missing the recap videos when I need them.  I will post one game only to get to the next game and find the video isn't there.  I don't know if it is a glitch in NHL.com or perhaps some wayward malfunction of my browser (I am not that tech savvy after all) but it usually keeps my recaps to one or two at a time, meanwhile I am only a few months behind at this point. 

     I am blogging today from the laundry mat, yes, I am multitasking by washing clothes and blogging at the same time.  I am a bit nervous about it too, not that I am nervous about writing, but because there are kids in here right now and running around, and I am just waiting for one of them to run into me and knock my laptop off of my lap.  It will be at that point that they will regret the repeal of Obamacare.

     As for what has been happening recently, at work I have been put on a budget when it comes to grocery orders.  Not that I enjoy wasting money, but I would like enough money on those occasions to keep the doors open.  When stuck with picking and choosing what to buy, to I buy the tobacco products we sell more of, they account for roughly 35% of my sales at a lower margin, or the snacks and candy which are a higher margin, but make up only maybe 15% of sales.  And now with The Art Institute of Pittsburgh relocating to the Strip District, there goes a sizeable portion of our clientele.  Of course I am hoping we will get some new customers when the hotel opens in what used to be the Salvation Army building, it is supposed to happen some time this year, but they are going awfully slowly with it.  And of course I am putting undue pressure on myself, I don't want to see anyone lose hours (or shifts or a job for that matter) and while I have a certain amount of job security, no one else can do my job after all,   Brian has been lackadaisical in either learning what i do or training someone to learn what I do, because vacation is coming up in a couple of months and everything is booked at this point, so i am not cancelling.  Got my flight and hotel booked, same place as last year, but this time I am supposed to have a balcony with my hotel room.  The view will be dependent on which side of the building I am on, seeing as how last year my room had a view of the side of the CBC Vancouver building.  I also have my day trip to Squamish booked to ride the Sea to Sky Gondola, as well at my ticket purchased for the CFL home opener of the BC Lions.  So people better get about the business of learning things pretty quick.


     And there is the other thing that has been going on recently, that being I may or may not have met someone.  I was sitting around the homestead the other evening, there was no hockey on Yahoo, I had already streamed the episodes of Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow for the week so I decided to download one of those dating app type things onto my tablet.  Wouldn't you know, little old me got a hit or two?  Yes, I know, I am shocked myself.  Anyway, I have been corresponding with someone for about a week now, but because of the Crazy Canadian Incident, the only thing I trust less than online dalliances would be Donald Trump.

     Online dating to me is alot like religion, it relies on faith more than tangible evidence.  Of course when shit seems fake online, it almost always is, just wish the religious folks grasped onto logic and reason so easily.   Ultimately online you can go through some checks and balances to see if what is happening is real, religion wise you have to buy into shit like virgin births and other such utter nonsense.   I am sure this will be updated as frequently as my change meter is, so stay tuned. 

     I think my laundry is about done so I should shutter this entry for the time being.  Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been