Monday, May 25, 2015

B365V2.17 - Whats up?

I realize it has been a while since I have scribbled something and since I am doing laundry right now I might as well take advantage of the time and write a few things.  As you know most things in my life revolve around work so that seems as good a place as any to start.

A couple of months ago I received a call from a police detective stating that a stolen credit card was used in our store.  They gave the amount of purchase and the approximate time the card was used, so I went into our system and ran a quick report on all of the sales at that time, and once I found out which register it was I took the time from that receipt and cross referenced it with our camera system to get pictures of the suspects.  Then I burnt that footage to did as well as printed copies of the receipt for the police, and as it turns out the two people involved are regular crackheads of ours, so tipped off our employees that should they come back, don't say anything to them, just let me know and if they try to make a purchase with a card check their id before running the card.  As it turns out they did come back, and while Steve was stalling them at the register, I was on the phone with 911 and the cops took them out of the store in handcuffs.  The police gave them a hearing date to show up in court and cut them loose,but they are no longer allowed in our store again by order of the cops.

I should mention that I am typing on the new improved iPad.  I had an issue with my last iPad, basically I had dropped it and put a small chip in the bottom corner.  It was nothing that affected my usage of it, that was fine. But it did put a small crack in the glass on it.  Well through continued usage that crack grew larger until I had one crack that went the length of the screen.  I could still use the iPad buried was afraid that eventually glass might splinter off and go in my finger.  But I remembered an episode of Shark Tank a while back and a local company that was featured on there, Cellhelmet.  They basically to iPhone cases with an insurance policy on the phone should anything happen to the phone while it is in one of there cases.  Well they have a local store right up the street from my apartment and they say on their webpage that they also do cell phone and tablet repairs.  My plan was to drop my iPad off on a Friday after work because I need it less often on weekends.  Amazingly enough I thought that my iPad was a luxury item for me, until I started using it for work and not having it at work is a big nuisance.  By dropping it off Friday I figured it would be less of a problem in that regard since I am off Sunday's anyway I I do t use it during my Saturday orders.

So I power down the tablet and take it in, the person there said they don't have the right glass for it, they would have to order it but the repair should take two days.  Ok fine, I thought.  I showed him the issue, I turned the iPad on and unlocked it to show that it was working, I just needed new the screen replaced.  Well after two days u still hadn't heard from them so I stopped by on day #3 to see what was up.  I was told that the iPad was bent and they needed to straighten it out before installing the new glass.  That was news time as it didn't appear bent to the naked eye, but I don't walk around with a pocket micrometer either.  Anyway it should take one more day.  Ok fine again.  I show up the next day after work and am told that they are short staffed and my iPad is being worked on but not finished.   So the following day ( day # 6 of a two day repair job) I get a called at work telling me I can come in and pick up my iPad but it doesn't work, the mother board is broken.  So I turned over a functional iPad and 6 days later I get the proverbial box of rocks in return.  Needless to say I was pissed.  They told me I wasn't going to be charged, and smart as me said "good, because you did the exact opposite of repairing it". Then they started telling me they could order a new mother board and install it and which point I said no thanks, you have done enough.

I proceeded to follow up my trip there by ordering a new iPad off of amazon for about $200.  Mind you I was going to pay $120 just for a new screen. And I posted my first ever Yelp review to warn off other potential suckers to their scam of a business they are running.

And that is what has been happening here in a nutshell, that and lots of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been