Friday, March 13, 2015

B365V2.12 - More miscellany


Not sure why I am writing today, more as something to occupy time than some grand significant event has happened.  And I do have some time to kill as I am riding the bus from work to the Waterfront.  Rumor has it I need some shoes and since I have a coupon from DSW shoe warehouse ($20 off of $49 or more) I figure I might as well go now while I have the time and money to pull off such an event.

My mind is still a cluttered mess.  It is like I have lost focus or something.  I know I have the mental faculties at my disposal to do what I need to, but some days recently I am just not able to process correctly everything.  Last night after work I stopped by my watering hole and got me a few beers.  The plan was to relax, I think some of my problems are stress related, so just get out of the routine I have been in where pretty much everything I do is work related.  Even at home I have taken the time to design a Facebook page for work.  Some of you have already seen it, those that are on my friends list over there, but for the most part recently there has been no off switch.  I was hoping the bar might help with that, but the cell phone rang twice while I was there, both times it was work related.  Ed has suggested I use some of my vacation time that I have coming, which is a tempting offer, but I am not one to abdicate my position willingly, they will have to yank the reigns of power from my cold dead hands, lol.

 Anyway I go out, get good and drunk and relaxed, go home and order some Wings Over Pittsburgh, drunkenly pushing food into my gaping maw, and once sated pass out and go to sleep.  I wake up at 4:30 am, thinking it is Saturday and I am late, Sammy
 and I are going to breakfast before the St. Party's day parade, arguably our busiest
day of the year.  I have worked with a couple of our vendors to get some promotional items for the masses, t shirts, beverages, lollipops to hand out, stuff like that.  I am always thinking about what we can do the next day better than what we have done the previous day.  There will be lots of handouts from the floats and what not in the parade, no reason for us not to be part of that, especially with the number of people that will be downtown. Little did I realize it was only Friday morning, again my mental faculties elude me.

There is an attractive red head sitting across from me on the bus.  As you know red heads get bonuses to their saving throws versus cuteness.  I on the other hand will sit here and admire from afar rather than fail my charisma check. John Lennon glasses or not, she would fall into the "Imagine" category.

Well that is done. Bought new shoes and socks and spent $40, then got pants and a comic book t shirt at Target for another $20 dollars and of course as I was shopping the phone did ring again and it was work related.  Honestly I can't escape that place.

I have been trying to pinpoint when it was I became stupid, I think the day was at the beginning of the month. Because the month ended on a weekend again, I pulled an all night shift at work, filing the February paperwork and starting the March stuff.  Usually that type of thing can be saved for a weekday, but it would have been a lot on my plate come Monday morning, and the less amount of work I have on Monday the happier I am.  I already have 3 days of sales to figure out as well as multiple orders to paw through, sorting out sales by date seemed a little much for what I already do that day.  But since then my brain hasn't worked properly, my sleep schedule is off, I can't focus at work and I have a hard time remembering simple things like the day of the week without overthinking such things.

There is a cute Asian girl sitting cattywampus from me on the bus.  She is cute enough that the Karate Kid would rush out into a hurricane to rescue her, I lack that level of dedication in my life.  I just want to make it home and have dinner and that my not happen if I go out risking live and limb for people whom I will fail a charisma check with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been