Thursday, November 21, 2013

Promises kept

    I think in a recent post I had mentioned something about the change meter and the fact that I really hadn't posted anything about it.  Well upon doing some research I realized that it had indeed been quite a while, I haven't mentioned it since all of January to be precise.  Back then the total was $367.67, but since then I have found a decent amount of money, another $88.47 to be precise so I guess there is a new total for the board, I am now up to $456.14.  Maybe I should throw a party or something once I get to $500.  But then I haven't been marking milestones of recent, if I had been I would have thrown a party the other day as well, as my 1300th post made the page.  Of course I did not write all of them here, some were imported from Yahoo 360, most were imported from Multiply, but nonetheless the total for this account is now over 1300.  And many of you are probably still waiting for me to say something of significance, to which I would say, don't hold your breath.

     I am just typing tonight, waiting for the Thursday Night Football game to kick off between Atlanta and New Orleans.  Not really sure why,  I am not a fan of either team.  It is barely of interest in my fantasy football matchup either, I have the kicker for New Orleans, my opponent has Atlanta's kicker.  Hardly what I would call compelling viewing.  Not that it isn't a big week for my fantasy football team, because it is.  I am currently in first place in my league where 4 teams sport identical 7-4 records, I hold the top spot because of the tiebreaker (points scored), my opponent this week is also 7-4 and he is in 2nd place.  So it is #1 versus #2.  Somehow the schedule worked out that the top 6 teams are all playing each other this weekend as #3 is playing #5 and #4 is playing #6, so at the end of the weekend there could be as many as 3 teams sporting 8-4 records or there could be just 1.  Likewise by the end of the weekend I could be anywhere from 1st to 4th place with two weeks remaining. 

     Tomorrow is Light Up Night in Pittsburgh, I haven't decided if I will stay downtown and take pictures after work or if I will just come home and avoid all of the bustle that comes with the holiday nonsense.  Not that I find the holiday nonsensical in and of itself, but Christmas is still better than a month away yet, not sure I am ready to have it crammed down my throat already.  Of course that means if I were a Fox News fan (and I am not, cable news as a rule sucks), it would be time to gear up the "War on Christmas" stories.  Trust me, if we can stretch a one day holiday into a two month spectacular, then those people that are apparently fighting against Christmas are seeing themselves get their asses kicked.  Argentina had a better chance in the Falkland Islands.

     Anyway, I best go see if my kicker has done anything yet.  Or bake a pie or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been