Sunday, October 7, 2012

Every day isn't like Sunday

     Sunday morning and I am up way too early.  The one day of the week I am off and I have been up off and on since somewhere around 4am.  By 7:30 am I was annoyed enough with being up that I went ahead and decided to take in a weekend breakfast at Pamela's.  Just the usual for me; eggs, chirzo, homefries, toast and coffee.  Breakfast was tasty enough, and I did manage to get some more of my book read.  Technically it isn't my book, I bought the book as a surprise gift for Ed, who quickly read it and loaned it back to me, so I am reading it now as well.


     The book, "No Easy Day" you may or may not have heard of, but it is the book written by the Navy Seal who was part of the group that took out Osama Bin Laden.  For a book written by a guy who isn't normally a writer it isn't half bad.  I am almost done with it, hopefully I will finish it sometime tonight because I still have one book that I am part way into on the 5 Mafia families of New York, two Robert Parker "Spenser" novels and the3 last book written by Christopher Hitchens before his passing all on the stack of things I want to get to yet, so I should have enough reading material to get me will into December at this rate.

     As I sit here I am listening to The Fantasy Freaks on Fox Sports Radio, a 3 hour show for those of us who play fantasy football.  I like the show and have even sought out their advice on a lineup question for my game this week.  Right now my team is sitting at 3-1, which would be a tied for 2nd place in our 12 team league, first place is 3-0-1, so better than a quarter of the way through the season my team is very much in the thick of it, with there being 6 playoff spots available.  Still, I do have a question regarding who I should start at quarterback this week, so I went on their Facebook page and left a question.  Not that I expect them to address my question on the air, but last week I had a similar question and they at least replied on Facebook, so hopefully they will give me some advice as to what to do this week.  Truth be told, going in I don't think either of the guys I could play would be a bad start, but just seeing if maybe I am overlooking something.

      It is the beginning of the month, so I guess this is as good a time as any to update my change meter total as well.  The last month or so has been very good for the change meter, I picked up another $7 so the total is up to $345.81.  I will take a $7 month any time, considering for the first year I did this I don't even think I made $13 for the entire year.

     There was a slight advantage to getting up early, I hopped on the computer and knocked out my daily bonus for Swagbucks early on.  For those not in the know, Swagbucks is a search engine/online service where you earn online currency, Swagbucks, for doing different things like doing searches and completing offers/tasks.  Those bucks can then be redeemed for prizes, usually I use mine to purchase Amazon gift cards to help pay for my reading habit.  Since I have joined I have earned $500 in Amazon gift cards, so it is definitely been worth it for me.  Right now they are running a contest where they set a daily goal for Swagbucks to be earned and if you reach that goal at the end of the month you get 10% of that goal as bonus Swagbucks.  Today the goal was 40 Swagbucks, but I earned 33 from a search, getting the last 7 was pretty easy, given you can get 4 just by doing offers that are available every day.  It didn't take much for me to get the last three needed to get the bonus.

     Anyway, I best call bit a day for now, I have some other things I want to get done this morning before I spend the afternoon fretting over my fantasy football team and doing lots of scoreboard watching.  Toodles.

5 comments:

  1. After reading your paragraph about Swagbucks I was sitting here thinking "damn I wish I could utilise that, my amazon account has been taking a hammering since I got a kindle" .
    Just out of interest I went to the site to discover it is now available in Australia - yaaay!!
    consider your good deed for the day done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you haven't signed up yet, here is my referral link, http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mattpritt. There are some tricks to getting swagbucks if you need help in getting started, some things that just make life easier. I am not a pro at it by any imagination, I usually get two $5 gift cards a month, sometimes 3 if I am lucky, but still for the amount of reading I do, anything that can cut down on the amount of money I spend is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't signed up yet so I'll use your link. I usually have more time to be online at the end of the week so I will sign up then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. finally got around to this today & used your link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, if you need any pointers just hit me up here or on Facebook. I just received another $5 Amazon card today, and cashed in another 450 swagbucks to get another one (it usually takes about ten days after ordering to receive them.

    The other good thing about now is they are running a contest for Halloween, where if you get all of the Halloween themed collector bills you get a bonus 13 swagbucks. I think we have until the 31st to get them all, so plenty of time yet.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been