Thursday, June 14, 2012

Singular

Did you ever have one of those nights where you just feel alone?  That is just the funk I am in as I sit here and type right now.  Can't say as I can really put my finger on why, it's just there hanging over me.   In theory I know I am not alone, there are plenty of people out there that do love me or at least care for my well being, but as I sit here under the hum of my ceiling fan, listening to the occasional car drive by I can't help but shake that solitary feeling. 

Perhaps it is just me, maybe I was too happy the last couple of weeks and this is just a natural comedown, or maybe I am just bipolar, who really knows.  Can't sit here and same I am depressed, that would be overstating things just a tad, but I am not bouncing of the walls giddy either.  I guess the best way to describe it is, I am just here.

The fundamental question that should inevitably follow then, is here a good place to be?  Something to ponder as I sleep perhaps.  As if I don't have enough to ponder already.   Some times I really don't like my head all that much.

4 comments:

  1. Hey man, we all go through those thoughts and questions.

    I'll listen if you're willing to talk further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, I think part of it is just the amount of expectations that are placed on me, or that I place on myself and then being worried that I might not live up to them, which puts me in a solitary state of mind,

    ReplyDelete
  3. A temporary state of mind I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's ok to want to achieve. Actually it's usually a good thing. But it must be grounded and mixed with the reality that we're not God, and we will fail sometimes, maybe even often. Many people find peace when they let go a bit and humble themselves. There's a fine line but you sound like me in the past and me now at times. Some of us are so headstrong that we need someone to reminds us to not be so hard on ourselves. And remember, with failure comes success.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been