Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Taa daa - the 2009 edition is here

Yes it is once again about that time.  I have few traditions that I stick too even remotely faithfully.  Of course there is the "hot chocolate on the first snowfall" thing I blogged about many moons ago which we will not revisit here.  And posting highlight videos from all the Penguins games, win or lose, has been running for two years now.  I am sure that is annoying to some, but since I started it the Pens have won one Stanley Cup and made the Finals in the other and I am not one to mess with success so suck it up, that is here to stay for the forseeable future.  And of course there is this, the annual Christmas list because I am not afraid to say that I like stuff, lots of stuff actually and any time someone asks me what I would like I can come up with an answer or three.  This year is no different and my mom just asked for the list on Sunday.  Thankfully because I put the list on my blog I can go back and copy/paste the stuff I didn't get from the previous year and just add or subtract to it, based on the stuff I have gotten in the last year or so that may affect the current years list.  This year's list is longer because on some items I was more specific, like books and DVDs.  This is because when I simply write "books" I could just as easily get stuck with something I will not read as opposed to something I would actually enjoy.  That problem has been addressed in this years version. 

With all of the descriptive nonsense out of the way it is time to post this year's list.  Enjoy and feel free to pick out an item or two, lol.

 

Chistmas list 2009

 

My own radio show, heck even a radio gig will do at this point

Notebooks

Pens

Boxcutters

A massage

Light bulbs

Garbage bags

Diablo 3 (if Blizzard ever gets around to releasing it)

Washington Post subscription

Money

Groceries

A haircut

A quiet breakfast of an bagel with cream cheese and coffee

DVDs (TV - TV show, M - Movie)

-Any season of The West Wing but the first or last (TV)

-Chuck (TV)

-Iron Man (M)

-Memento (M)

-Pi (M)

-Homicide: Life on the Street (TV)

-Star Trek (the new movie) (M)

-X Men Origins: Wolverine (M)

-Band of Brothers (TV)

-A Midnight Clear (M)

-Boondock Saints (M)

-Saints and Soldiers (M)

-Eagle Eye (M)

-The Dark Knight (M)

-Hancock (M)

-Charlie Wilson's War (M)

Some motivation

Pogo stuff (membership, albums or gems)

A Philly Cheesesteak

Books

-Another Life by Andrew Vachss

-Every Man Dies Alone by Hans Fallada

-Zeitoun by Dave Eggers

-The Wilderness Warrior: Theodore Rossevelt and the Crusade for America by Douglas Brinkley

-Satchel: The Life and Times of an American Legend by Larry Tye

-Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi

-The Ground Truth: The Untold Story of America Under Attack on 9/11 by John Farmer

-The Good Soldiers by David Finkel

-Under the Dome by Stephen King

-Denialism: How Irrational Thinking Hinders Scientific Progress, Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives by Michael Specter

-Sweet Thunder: The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson by Wil Haygood

-The American Civil War: A Military History by John Keegan

-I, Alex Cross by James Patterson

-The Book of Basketball by Bill Simmons

-When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris

-The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

-Ocho Cinco: What Football and Life Have Thrown My Way by Chad Ochocinco and Jason Cole

-More Than a Game: The Glorious Present and the Uncertain Future of the NFL by Brian Billick

-Crazy Horse and Custer: The Epic Clash of Two Great Warriors at Little Big Horn by Stephen Ambrose

-LBJ: Architect of American Ambition by Randall B. Woods

-The Path Between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal 1870-1914 by David McCullough

-The Johnstown Flood by David McCullough

-Hard Candy by Andrew Vachss

Pants (38X30)

Socks

Shirts (including T shirts, sweatshirts and turtlenecks, preferably XL or larger, I like them droopy)

Sleep

PAT bus pass

A maid

A pliable female

Gift cards (Barnes & Noble, Target, Walmart, Giant Eagle, Amazon)

Chad Vader DVD

Hockey tickets

A homemade pie

Better results for my fantasy hockey team and a playoff spot for my fantasy football team

Postage stamps

11 comments:

  1. well I was wrong with my guess.
    hope santa is kind this year and you get everything on your list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a list... this is the 1st yr when asked I acutally said I want this or that. Usually I say not to bother or just pick.. I think it was time I opened up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the list is long this year but that is due in large part to me being more specific on the DVDs and books. Not saying that it will be any good, I might just end up getting socks but I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might put in a little bit more of an effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing wrong with that.. when my mil asked me what i wanted i told her. And she bought them lol 1st time in 6yrs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am working on adding links to everything, I have way too much time on my hands.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have several of those books. david sedaris is a favorite author of mine. i also just got the new one by stephen king after much debate. the god delusion is also great i have had that one for a little over a year now. star trek is great even if you arent into sci-fi or even star trek for that matter

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be honest, I was less than thrilled when seeing the trailer for the newest Star Trek movie. I tend to be a fan of The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, though for different reasons. TNG struck me as what the original series tried to be, but didn't have the special effects or the talented actors that TNG had. DS9 might be my favorite of all of the Trek series, it was the one that offered the most development of the characters and deeper understanding of the races that came to populate the Star Trek universe, especially the Ferengi, Klingons, Bajorans, Cardassians,Jehmhadaar (spelling issue there perhaps?), etc. The new Trek movie just struck me as trying to milk a few extra dollars out of what to me was a floundering franchise by that time by putting better looking actors (though not necessarily better actors) in roles that had already been established by others. That being said I had no desire to buy a ticket, but if someone were to get me the DVD then surely I would watch the movie at least once for free. Worst case scenario would be I didn't like it, best case I am pleasantly surprised, either way it is a gamble that I wouldn't take with my own money, but as a gift I would not complain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have not bought it. i watched it at a friends house a week or so ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There, I think I have enough links added now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Matt my kids are making lists too, i hope you get at lieast what you need the most, good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been