Saturday, November 21, 2009

Fantasy Football MVP - Week 10

Call it a case of overthinking.  I went into week 10 of the fantasy season with a 5-4 record but the bye week for a couple of my star players made it a week I wasn't looking forward to.  Houston was off, so there went my starting QB Matt Schaub and WR Andre Johnson, leaving me two holes to plug in to my weekly lineup.  I went with QB Matt Hasselbeck and WR Percy Harvin, the first time this year I have played either one of them despite the fact that they have been on my roster since draft day, neither has been good enough to merit cracking the starting lineup.  I also had an issue on the defensive side of the ball, where I usually play the Green Bay defense, but they were coming off getting torched by a previous winless Tampa Bay squad, so my comfort level in them was less that good, especially with Dallas on the docket for week 10.  Instead I went shopping, looking for a defense on the free agent wire that was a) available and b) facing a easy matchup.  Truth be told I should have just stuck with Green Bay, they ended up scoring  30 points in a 17-7 win against Dallas, including 5 sacks, and interception and two fumble recoveries, but the thirty points wouldn't have been enough anyway.  I ended up losing by 10, 86-76, dropping my record to 5-5 and the defense I replaced Green Bay with actually did pretty good in its own right, as I got Tennessee off of the free agent wire since they were playing Buffalo.  After all, as bad as Tenessee has played this year, Buffalo couldn't exploit 11 guys I picked off of the street let alone an NFL roster and my thinking was justified by the fact that the Tennesse defense ended up being my fantasy week MVP, scoring 28 points (2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 2 TDs scored) and the two points I lost by not playing Green Bay wouldn't have changed the outcome of my game anyway.  Anyway, we do have a highlight package right about here....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been