Friday, July 13, 2007

Evening update

Okay, time to reset the blog again, I have bantered the last couple of days and have very no been all that good about keeping everyone up to date on what happened after the fact.

We will begin by adding another 12 cents to the change meter, thus breaking the $26 barrier, as the new total is $26.08.

I mentioned the other day that things had gotten off to a less than stellar sart, the cool thing is, in a mere few hours, literally everything had turned around almost completely. My chair was still broke, but I managed to steal another one for the time being, the transmitter was fixed in relatively short order, it turned out that it had nothing to do with the transmitter itself, rather the connection we had to it at the studio was on the fritz, so none of the buttons to power it up or down actually worked. It took a mere fixing of a circuit by Verizon (who I swear are going to go down as my arch nemesis) solved the problem. All told, we were only running on reduced power for maybe an hour at most, so it wasn't that bad. My blind is still broke, but because it is in the process of being replaced, I could see a rather preety awesome spectacle this morning. Not the pic on the previous blog, but as the sun was just coming starting to come up this morning, and the sky still had plenty of darkness to it, I could look out the window and see a crescent moon in a deep blue sky with a orange hue just starting to chase it. Fabulous stuff and I wouldn't even have noticed had the blind been there. I did the meeting with the boss, and while I am not going to be independently wealthy anytime soon, my salary is starting to get a little more reasonable, as I was kicked a little over an extra 2 grand a year. Some of the interviews I have been chasing down for the radio show have finally started getting back to me. Summer is usually a dead time for talk radio, so anything we can do to help kill time is always a plus. My luck has been pretty lacking in the booking department since the Hitchens interview in June, not barren but with trying to find a part time job and dealing with scheduling around vacation times and trying to piece together my vacation, it hasn't been as good as I normally would like. That being said, it was nice to have three different publicists get back to me in one day, I may get us some guests yet.

As for the pic on the last blog, it actually taken from a TV webcam this morning, I just happened upon the page where the cam is located, I was actually looking for something else, I had seen smoke coming over the hill, but a way off in the distance from the studio, and I figured I would access the cam and see if I could get a better view of what may or may not be happening when I happened to see that particular shot. I quick save picture as option and upload to the blog page and we have morning. For the record, I am not a morning person, I would rather sleep till noon and work all night, but that isn't the hand I have been dealt, so if I have to suffer at being up at 6am, the least I can do once in a while is share.

One thing I can't share is sleep however, and I am overdue, it has been a long but good day. Till manana kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been