Thursday, April 21, 2016

B365V3.13 - What's old is new again

So, what's new around these parts anyway?  Not much here, save for the past is somehow creeping into my present.  Over the last couple of weeks I have had three people from high school send me friend requests on Facebook.  Not that there is anything wrong with that, just odd the timing of it all.

Speaking of the past, it appears that Erin is going on vacation again soon.  For those not in the know, or in the know but with a memory lapse (really, what do I type here that is worth remembering anyway) Erin is the owner/author of the blog ohhonestlyerin and as part of her vacation last year, I guest blogged for a day over there.  I have not been asked to sit in during this vacation, but it is one of those "if nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve" moments given the malaise I have had about blogging this year.

I am way behind, probably a month in hockey videos, I still have the last two weeks in my fantasy football season that has long since passed us to get to as well, and the change meter could probably go for some updating.  But since the beginning of the year, when I proclaimed #itsmyyear, I have just found myself too wrapped up in my own stuff, trying to be a more social creature and what not.  Going to concerts, taking a vacation (out of the country no less), sneaking out for some bowling excursions, one could argue I am doing my best to get out of my comfort zone of work, eat, sleep, repeat.

Though I am thinking of cutting back on the social excursions a bit, the vacation was so good that I would love to go back next summer, which means I have to start putting money away, the sooner the better.  There is so much I missed out on because I went when I did (early spring there), including taking in some of the beaches, or perhaps a whale watching cruise, or a ride on a sea plane.  I feel like I barely scratched the surface on my first trip to Vancouver, even though I felt like I was constantly on the go while I was there.

I did miss out on a guest blogging event while on vacation, a bunch of people in Pittsburgh bloggers on Facebook swapped blogs for a day.  I did not partake, because I was unaware, though given no one has ever guest blogged here before, not sure anyone is clamoring for my distinct audience.  I was checking my Google analytics the other day, I saw that the number two country to visit my page has changed, it used to be Canada (due in large part to the Crazy Canadian incident), but Canada has been surpassed by Russia, so say hello to your new Commie Pinko overlords.  And while you are greeting our newest visitors, perhaps I should get about catching up on things

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been