Sunday, March 20, 2016

B365V3.9 - Lasts

Units of measurement, we are presumably all familiar with them. Whether it be years, feet, tablespoons, ounces we all use them to quantitatively analyze things. Such is the case in my life the last few days as well, by my preferred unit of measurement is lasts. What are lasts you may ask, simply put the last time I will do certain things before vacation, such as this is going to be my last blog entry. Not forever, you kids aren't that lucky, but last one before vacation. Likewise I am standing outside Pamela's waiting for breakfast (30-45 minute wait this morning), hoping to partake of my last weekend breakfast before vacation. This quantitative thing is helping me with one of my personal problems, which I will call "initial inertia", ( try typing that three times fast) which you may call lethargy or laziness or what you will, but it is the impetus to go and do things. It should come as very little surprise that I have an anti social butterfly thing going on, a desire to not hang out in group like functions because I don't like most people all that much, but recently in my #itsmyyear mindset I have been a little more social than in years past. As well as booking my trip to Vancouver (starting tomorrow at a blog near you) tonight will be my second social foray into bowling this year, I have went to see Coheed and Cambria play and I have booked myself two more shows, Living Colour in April and Motion City Soundtrack in June (which I call an early birthday present to myself).

Speaking of which, you have less than three months to shower me with gifts for said occasion so get cracking. I have one half day of work left before vacation, or in Matt measurements, one last day of work. Technically I could not go in at all, but my plane doesn't leave until 5:30 or so, so I thought I would be helpful before I left. Look at that, I made it through the Soviet style breadline and got a table, good thing I had my blog to pass the time. I am of course going with the Matt staple at Pamela's, chorizo and eggs. Yummy, my last chorizo and eggs before vacation.

 Back from breakfast, I spent the time reading a book that I got from Amazon the other day, it is a biography on one of my favorite bands The Replacements. How I got the book is a story unto itself. I saw that it was on available the other day on my Facebook newsfeed. Realizing I was going to go shopping for vacation clothes, which for me is more jeans and t shirts, I took my change jar with me and stopped at Giant Eagle, dumped my change into the Coinstar machine, where they count your money at no fee if you purchase a gift card, and opted for the Amazon gift card selection. Then I proceeded to walk down the strip mall and ducked into Barnes & Noble and bought a coffee. I proceeded to sit there and drink my coffee, while adding the gift card to my Amazon account, then purchased my two books from Amazon, in hopes they would arrive prior to vacation. I thus became one of the only people to go to a bookstore to buy books from another bookstore. My luck seemingly ran out when I was notified that I should receive my books between the 22nd of March and the end of the month. That would be unlucky because my flight is on the 21st and I was hoping to have some new reading material for the long flights between Pittsburgh and Vancouver. I say flights because I have one layover on the way there (Chicago) and two on the way back (Toronto, New York City). But Friday my books arrived at work and Amazon's missed estimate works to my benefit. I have started the book on The Replacements, but only like 30 or so pages in. I still haven't fixed the bookshelf app to the right yet, since Shelfari is now gone the way of the dinosaurs, extinct. I will be back here, probably during my vacation, just to annoy you kids a little bit more but for now I am putting a wrap on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been