Monday, February 15, 2016

B365V3.7 - The weekend that was

How is everyone's Valentines weekend coming along?  Not too shabby here, but that is because I am my own Valentine this year, as is the case most years.  This year I made plans though, our payday was the Wednesday before the weekend, so I squirreled away some monies and took myself to see Deadpool (which is way awesome, if you haven't seen it you should) as well as throwing in dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.  Filling my gullet with good red meat before venturing to the cinema was all kinds of a cool plan.  Plus the movie was going to be free for me (but not you if you go) as I used the underground economy at work and cashed in some foodservicerewards points and got myself a $13 Hollywood movie money voucher.  Usually the $13 is good enough for reserved seating, (the padded leather seat section) and with showings every 30 minutes or so I figure I can slide into the reserve section no problemo.  So I get to the Waterfront around 5 pm, look at the showtimes and pick a7 pm showing, I figure that will give me enough time to eat and for my fat to settle a little bit.  I ask about a reserve seat, reserved is sold out at 7, and 7:30 and 8 and 8:30 and 9 and 9:30.  Wait, they do have openings in the reserve section if I want to wait until 11 pm.  At that point I realized I was not going to get to sit with the beautiful people, instead I would have to cast my lot with the huddled masses.  Okay fine.

 I got to dinner where I crush a 10 oz NY strip, baked potato, side salad and warm pretzel sticks w/beer batter honey mustard dipping sauce.  I rushed through dinner a little bit, I felt bad for my waiter as they seated me at a 4 top table and there is just one of me.  I get the waiting table business, you need to turn tables and covers in order to make cash and here I am taking up 4 seats for little old me.  My bill was $32 and change, I left a $10 tip for the aggravation of dealing with me (just think ladies, $10 just to deal with me for an hour, a deal at half the price), made my way to the theater, enjoyed some cinematic greatness (that is not overstating how good the movie was at all) then walked to Barnes&Noble where I enjoyed some post movie coffee and some free Wifi (all the better to play MPQ with).  After my coffee one would think my day was over, correct.  Not me though, as I got home (I went to the movies straight from work) I cracked open my mailbox and what to my wondering eyes should appear.  None other that my passport, albeit two weeks ahead of schedule.  Government efficiency at it's finest, in an election cycle no doubt.  Someone is working to get my vote.......   If only the post office could work that quickly or the passport office for that matter.  I heard some yammering in my Facebook newsfeed about gravitational waves being discovered, all you need to do to prove that they exist is to go to either the passport or postal offices and you will see things not moving at all.  Proof of gravity right there.

Saturday was more of me just dotting i's and crossing t's for vacation.  I texted Ed to see if I could get paid for my entire vacation time before taking my days, in truth I am only taking 5 but getting paid for 13 but a good chunk of that excess money is going to pay for my trip, so it was good to save up the extra time.  Now I just have a month or so to get someone up to speed on what it is I do before I leave, which should be pretty easy, I gave myself plenty of time on that front.

Sunday was more of my Valentines weekend for myself, I went shopping and picked up a cool Deadpool shirt for $5 at the 5 and Below store.  I also picked up a couple of things for Rocko while I was there, not sure why I did that but I did it anyway.  I also creeped into Barnes & Noble And I bought myself another book.  It is a Robert Parker I haven't read, maybe that will motivate me to start reading again.  I also picked up some household necessities and some new curtains and some food so I can start cooking at home again and put more money away for vacation  rather than eat out all the time. There are methods to my madness.

Well I better put a wrap on this, I got some sleep to catch up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been