Friday, April 24, 2015

B365V2.16 - Big changes

For those of you who have been around since the very beginning of this blog, many, many moons ago, I was looking to do something a little different that I could do throughout the months, and years now.  Something that only I would think of doing, which is where the change meter comes into lay.  The change meter is a running tally of money I find whether it be on the sidewalk, on the ground, what have you.  the only distinction I have is that the money can not hav originally been mine.  I can do laundry and have a dollar fall out of my pocket and claim I found a dollar, technically I already had that and just misplaced it at some point.

The reason I bring this up is because I found money again, and a sizeable sum by change meter standards.  The other day at work I was getting ready to leave and there is a garbage can right beside the exit.  I loooked in the garbage can, a bad habit of mine from collect Coke caps and what not, and on top of the garbage was two $20 lottery tickets for a new scratch off game.  The thing is, even osing tickets are worth something, because you can enter them on the PA lottery website for a second chance drawing to win a trip to Las Vegas.   So I am thinking to myself, I might as well grab those tickets and claim the entries anyway.  I grab the tickets and head home, and fire up ye olde iPad, where I have a PA lottery app downloaded, one that will scan tickets for you rather than punching in a 16 digit numbr by hand, it scans the barcode and automatically inputs the numbers. 

So I go to scan in the bar code on the first ticket and it says that it is an invalid entry.  Given the drawing is made up of losing ticket entries that means the ticket I am holding must be a winner, so I investigate it more thoroughly and see that one of the numbers does match, I scratch the prize underneath i and it is $100.  So I do have a little updaing to the change meter here tonight, when we last left off with it is was $517.77 and I can add to that total another $103,58 giving me a new total of $621.35. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been