Friday, December 20, 2013

Karaoke Friday - This is how work should always go

So I am sitting at my desk today, Brian had already left, he was taking his kids to Florida to see Ed over Christmas break, Dee had left early because she was going to a school play or something for one of Brian's kids before they left, and I am alone in the office.  Mind you that is not a new thing, I am in the office by myself every Saturday when I go in, but today was just a little different.  Brian earlier had trained me on reloading the ATM machines, one of the few things that I do not know how to do, or didn't until the last couple of days.  For a moment or three I just sat at my desk and thought to myself that pretty soon this may very well be what things are always like, Dee has a potential buyer for her house so who knows how long she may or may not be there, Ed is in Florida where he escapes most every winter and Brian really isn't around all that much, even when he is around.  At some point in the future it will probably boil down to just me running the empire and nobody else.  Ed will still do what he does from Florida, things like the payroll and the schedule, but the day to day stuff will fall squarely on my shoulders.



So I opened my bag of collected invoices that I accumulated this week and began the process of breaking them down into departments for our accountant so that we might go about the process of paying our bills.  While I am at my desk, especially when the office is mine and mine alone, I tend to fire up Pandora for my background noise and when I did I was once again pleasantly surprised.  Nothing makes work go a little bit better than Etta James,



Something told me it was over
When I saw you and her talking
Something deep down in my soul said, "Cry girl"
When I saw you and that girl, walking 'round, oooh
I would rather, I would rather go blind boy
Than to see you, walk away from me, child, oh, oooh
So you see I love you so much
That I don't want to watch you leave me baby
Most of all, I just don't, I just don't want to be free, no, oooh oooh
I was just, I was just, I was just sitting here thinking
Of your kisses and your warm embrace, yeah
When the reflection in the glass that I held to my lips, now baby
Revealed the tears that was on my face, yeah, oooh
And baby, baby, I would rather, I would rather be blind boy
Than to see you walk away, see you walk away from me, yeah, oooh
Baby, baby, baby, I'd rather be blind now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been