Sunday, April 8, 2012

A day in the life

8:59 AM  Thought I would try something a little different today and just blog about my day as it happens, just to show you all what a boring life I do lead.  For the record my day didn't really start at 9am, that is just the time that I arrived at work, I woke up around 6:30am, to a note on my messenger from Jen, who had herself already headed out to her job, whereas I have a a little bit of flexibility in my schedule on Saturdays, I can come and leave when I want, as long as I get my work done while I am there.  So instead of heading straight into work, I had breakfast at Pamela's (two eggs, chorizo, potatoes, toast, coffee)  and then made my way into the friendly confines.  I did some reading at breakfast, Jen sent me a book for Easter, and this morning seemed as good as any to start reading it.  Don't worry, soon enough it will show up on Shelfari to the right and on the Neverending Thread as well.

     For now though I am going through the process of getting my day started, which means plugging in the laptop (I foolishly left the mouse at home while getting ready to come in, I hate the touchpad) and starting by updating the Cosmos system, wich is the ordering device I use for our grocery ordering.  I hop online with it and it updates all of the items we can order and new pricing info as well.  From tis point is where I will start to tackle the day.  So a quick note to Jen, a trip to Pandora for office music and away we go.

9:58 AM   Managed to get the deli order done and two cigarette orders done as well.   We act as a wholesaler for some smaller stores, so they end up placing their orders through us, or more accurately, me because I am the one that gets all of the legwork involved.  Thankfully Pandora hasn't went on one of it's angy chick spats yet, most of the music has been good to this point, I only had to skip one song so far.  Plus, even as I am doing all of this, Jen and I are talking while we slave away on our respective professions.  Misery loves company and all that jazz.   Really though, I don't think either of us despise our jobs all that much, but I'll admit a weekend off once in a while would be nice on this end of things.

11:00 AM   Okay, just realized how muc of a hassle I have in front of me, price changes today will be a bitch.  Got one of two booklets done that I was emailed, but the second one is 16 pages long, which will be absolutely no fun whatsoever.  I will be here quite a while.  Yuck!!  Especially given how nice it is outside again.

12:01 PM  Went though our canned vegetable section, scanning each individual item and checking to see if it was in the system and if so if the pricing in the system is correct.  This is just an ongoing thing for me, I have most of the store in the register system, but there are always new items that sometimes slip through the cracks as well as items that were deleted when we upgraded the system a while back that just never made it back in after their old, misentered labels were deleted.  I also managed to bang out about a quarter of the price changes, so all in all a pretty productive hour on my part.

1:57 PM  Got most of the pice changes done, only a few pages left but it is just a time consuming process today.  But it is so nice outside that the motivation to be indoors is pretty much non existent.

3:52 PM  Just finished putting together and sending my orderr in.  Quick guess on my part says we probably spent at least $12,000 there.  Add to that the two other deliveries coming on Monday and the total is probably closer to $15,000, but who's counting?  Really?  Anyway, it is at this point where I start to pack up things, including but not limited to the laptop, so this will be my last entry from work.  I could stick around and do more stuff, but 7 hrs on a day where technically I am not even on the schedule is just about enough for me.

5:54 PM   Sitting at home, eating a cheap Antoon's cheese pizza (16" 12 cut for $4.80) and playing on Pogo.  This is the time of day where I try not to think too much, just relax with some Pogo or Facebook apps, or go work on my Swagbucks or something, because any more I don't like climbing inside my head all that much, so the more I keep my head busy with useless stuff, the happier I am.  I suppose I could clean, but that is what Sunday is for.  Of course come Sunday I will say that is what Monday is for and so on, but for now that is a Sunday task.  I imagine Jen and I will be talking later, what about I have no idea and even if I did know chances are I wouldn't say.  WE have talked pactically every day for almost 7 months now, so I am going to go out on a limb here and say that we will be talking again tonight.

1:33 AM  Getting ready to call it a night.  My eyes are getting a little droopy because of the hour, but Jen and I just stopped talking for the night.  That happens quite a bit, where we talk until we are both just exhausted, neither one of us actually wanting to say good night so we end up staying up far later than common sense would dictate that we should be.  But she has Easter plans and work in the morning, I am a bit luckier in that Sunday is te one day where I do not wok, and chances are my family will not be visiting since my mom's husband just got out of the hospital earlier this week, he went in Sunday when his blood pressure was dangerously high and was not released until Thursday, so I am betting my family will not be on the roads travelling on Sunday. 

And really, it is probably late enough that I can put a wrap on this blog anyway.  I ould stay up later, but there would be no real purpose behind it, so I will just close my own eyes here and call it a night.

5 comments:

  1. I goofed around all day yesterday so at least you were productive. Have a good Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good holiday as well. Today is my goof off day, perhaps an eclair is in order, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ordinary day.. got it perks but then..its different to mine so its interesting to read..i like the way your wrote this blog with time ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. good blog, it's interesting to read how your day pans out.
    have you & Jen arranged to meet yet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a specific date, but a general time frame for when that will take place

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been