Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Easy as 1, 2, 3

Picking up on the theme from my last blog entry, I will get down to business and start with a few other features that show up on this page from time to time and try to explain a little about them, since they have or will be making an appearance in the near future.

First is Ask Matt Anything, which is something I try to knock out about once a month or so. The theory is simple, I pick a date and time and answer any and all questions that come my way as best I can. Don't get me wrong, I am not a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but the idea that I will just happen upon anything and everything that the reader wants to know while blogging would be conceited on my part, so I do a live blogging exercise where people are free to ask me questions about whatever. They can either submit questions ahead of time, or wait for the scheduled date and time and I will be manning the thread live for as long as it goes. Sometimes it goes very well, sometimes it sucks, but as long as I can cut away a small portion of my time for the people that have the decency to drop by the page, then it is something that I will continue for the forseeable future. I have been adding these events to the calendar portion of Multiply, just because if I leave them as a blog there is a chance that they will fall off of the update screen, so it is just easier with a scheduled event.

Next would be the Blunt Force Trauma, of which I just completed another one. Unlike Asshats, which are short, or regular blog entries, which are more personal in nature, BFTs are usually long winded, uncensored diatribes about something that has been bothering me. As a result they are often works in progress rather than something I hammer out over the course of one blog sitting meaning they can pop up at any time, I never know when I will get to start or finish one. I will say that while BFT 10.0 was finally posted this evening, after almost a month of work, BFT 11.0 is sitting firmly in my draft folder awaiting my attention.

Lastly for this round of updates would be The Neverending Thread, which is a running list of all of the books I have read this year. I started this in 2008, and I admit I will probably have fewer books this year just because I am no longer getting free review copies at the radio station, but I would like to think I am somewhat of an avid reader, time and money permitting (hey, books ain't cheap when they ain't free) so whenever I complete a book, I add it to the thread as well as a link to the Amazon listing for the book. Not that I suggest you go run right over to Amazon to buy it, but because Amazon has a pretty fair listing of reader reviews to the book, and I am far from a literary critic, this blog is the extent of my limited literary abilities (and also a fine example of my typographical inabilities) so anyone wishing to learn more about the reading material can go there and find out. I also welcome suggested reading into the thread, but rarely does that happen, so for the most part it is just me and mine.

There we go, more of what this page is about, and I still have a swallow or two of coffee left in my cup before I meander off to bed, and yes, I plan on curling up with the next good book, because it is better than curling up with a bad woman. Well, maybe not but I have a book here, and I don't have a woman, so a book it is.

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought about writing about celebrities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrities from time to time end up being the Asshat. one of the first Asshats was Scott Baio when he was shopping a autobiography to publishers about his Hollywood sexual conquests, and one of his first missed the mark, as he was trying to get all into Erin Moran back in his Happy Days days and missed and ended up humping the sofa instead. Needless to say, there were no takerts on the book offer. As for writing about celebrities in general, I just don't find them all that appealing, and the idiot paparazzi that follow them around like lemmings I have even less sympathy for. When Brittany Spears ran over that photogs foot, I was just sorry she didn't run him down completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you can do a run down of the Oscars, full of celebrities there lol

    ReplyDelete

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been