Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Making things easier

I posted a link last week to my Friday night viewing habits last week. I hate doing links because they direct traffic away from the page and as any savvy media person will tell you, once you direct people elsewhere, there is no saying you will ever get them back. Maybe the link will get them caught up in something else entirely, maybe their mind will remember something else they could or should be doing, or maybe they will just think, "Christ, another link, I just came by to see what's up, not go all willy nilly all over the internet."

Hopefully I can fix that here, so you no longer have to leave. I was tinkering around the Charlie Rose page and admit I am not nearly as familiar with his website as I am the program itself, so finding stuff becomes problematic for me at times. Well, as luck would have it, I was there because the people that run Christopher's page (www.hitchensweb.com) ask for submissions if they see something about him in the media so they can link it to their page. I left the Friday appearance go for a few days, I tend to think that they are savvier than I about such things, but since there was still nothing there as of today (Wednesday), I figured the least I could do was get the link I provided the fine frequenters of this page days ago. I had sent them a previous submission, I don't know if they took my link or found it on their own about a recent interview he did for Radar Magazine (www.radaronline.com). It took a couple of days for it to show up, but it is now on his page, maybe this Charlie Rose interview will show up there as well. As for the people that visit here instead, turns out it is easier than I made it out to be, and I am all about fixing things when I can, or at least making them more simple.

We will be having Hitchens on the radio show, at June 6th, time 11am for those keeping score at home. I have indeed scored the interview, for which I am more than happy to still be on an inner gloating high. Crikey, Hitchens, Sen John Kerry, and next week Newsweek's own Howard Fineman, one may mistake us for a damn radio show after all. Until then, all I can do is make things as simple as I can, and for simplicity's sake, here you go. Just the interview here, no Bill Maher (though Bill is good in his own right) and now you don't have to leave the page. Aren't I indeed grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our inspiration (the title for this blog)

Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.

Where we've been